GPSmap62 GPS-position locator: make it smaller?

Leffunk

Upgraded from 60 CSx to the 62S.

On the 60CSx on the map screen, you got a small blue triangle for showing your current position on the map. However, I find this arrow way to big on a 62S: when you zoom out to for instance 200m the thing is huge in comparison with map-details. You just cannot see anything that's near your current position.

This results in the fact you have to zoom in to see the details and afterwards zoom out again, etcetc... With the 60CSx, the triangle was small enough so you were able to see enough on the mapscreen, without much was hided by the triangle itself.

Is there a way to change this thing? Or to make it smaller?

How do other people handle this?

Thank you for your answers.

Leffunk

Since changing from a 62&450 to a Montana I haven't used the default arrow at all. The Montana allows custom vehicles and you can even make your own. It's really nice because it helps you remember what profile your in with what vehicle icon is on the screen. It's too bad Garmin doesn't expand this capability to the 62/450/eTrex. I wouldn't think there's any hardware issues standing in the way of it.