COINTEST: Guess the coin and win it

keewee

2nd Guess......

SCGA SPACE SHUTTLE GEOCOIN

Shiney Silver

LE

Edited to add...is it called Shiney Nickel or Silver?????

It is neither of those finishes :o (nor that coin)

OK - here is some background. When I was into the collecting previously (prior to the point I put it on hold for a while - hint, hint, hint!!!) I had sorted and stored my keepers in alphabetical order. I'm now adding them all to a spreadsheet, but had done a whole lot of my unsorted coins first. As I was getting close to line 1000 in the spreadsheet I thought, hey - I should give away the 1000th one in a cointest when I get to it!

So the 1000th coin/line has now been entered into the spreadsheet and now sits aside awaiting a new owner. I've not finished going through that box yet.

Let's make it you can guess up to 4 times in 24 hours (rather than twice) and you can make all 4 guesses at once (once a day) if your like.

Edited by keewee

2010 Pike River Mine Geocoin, LIMITED EDITION (silver) guess 2

missed earlier hint so i guess this metal is out

guess 3... 2010 Canterbury Quake Geocoin (copper)

Guess four in 24 hours..2007 compass rose in Limited edition polished nickel with polished gold highlights

Edited by Scarlett_Ohara

good to see tha I can post 4 guesses now and I will not have to wait .... it was difficult because of the time... I had to wait until 5 in the morning...

I will post my 2 times now and later I will have other guesses...

GUESS 1

Rhode island 2006, geocoin of Crake productions in bronze!

I will post my 2 times now and later I will have other guesses...

GUESS 1

Rhode island 2006, geocoin of Crake productions in bronze!

I wish! :laughing: sorry, not got it yet.

time for my taday's 2 last guesses....

Guess 3:

British Columbia 2010 (the last one...) sunset & moonrise version geocoin.

No, but I have just bought that one! Seem someone knows my tastes in coins!

Let's make it you can guess up to 4 times in 24 hours (rather than twice) and you can make all 4 guesses at once (once a day) if your like.

No one is even remotely close yet.... will post another hint later today (my time) - there is a lot that can be read into my hints in post #63 though which people are not doing... would it help if I wasn't so vague? :laughing:

Edited by keewee

well i tried to look up ur history to see when u took ur time off but no luck. so since its been officially 24 hours since my first guess. how about 2006/ KIWI New Zealand Geocoin Antique Gold Version and 2007 yr coin the rest yet to come just going for year since i didnt find kiwi that yr

Edited by Scarlett_Ohara

OK - here is a little more help

OK - here is some background. When I was into the collecting previously (prior to the point I put it on hold for a while - hint, hint, hint!!!) I had sorted and stored my keepers in alphabetical order. I'm now adding them all to a spreadsheet, but had done a whole lot of my unsorted coins first. As I was getting close to line 1000 in the spreadsheet I thought, hey - I should give away the 1000th one in a cointest when I get to it!

I have mentioned in at least 2 other threads when I took my break from geocoins... but even I am having difficulty finding those threads now... so the answer is it was approx sept/oct 2008 that I took the break. :rolleyes:

So the 1000th coin/line has now been entered into the spreadsheet and now sits aside awaiting a new owner. I've not finished going through that box yet.

Oh, and here is another clue to help you cross thousands of geocoins off your list - the metal/finish is not a silver variety (so not silver, shiny silver, antique silver, misty silver, etc). This geocoin was available in at least one silver variety though. :huh:

Edited by keewee