COINTEST: Guess the coin and win it

keewee

I have just entered the 1000th geocoin into the cataloge I am making, and I thought 'Hey! Lets turn this into a cointest! :laughing:

The first person to guess the exact geocoin (year, coin, edition, finish) wins that geocoin. It could be something special or something just normal.

Make sure you read the rules clearly before you enter because anyone who breaks the rules will be disqualified from the cointest outright.

Rules:

#1 - if you break any of the following rules you will be disqualified from the cointest, even if you have posted the correct answer

#2 - cointest is open to anyone, until/unless disqualified or the cointest finishes

#3 - you may only guess once per twelve hour period

#4 - your guess can be as specific or vague as you like (ie, you could try guessing just the finish, or going the whole hog and guessing all the details of it)

#5 - photo entries are welcome, but not to be excessive in size please otherwise I might invoke rule #1

#6 - I am right - always! Without question... well in this cointest at least... and maybe in my own head. Elsewhere is up for debate. :laughing:

#7 - Cointest runs until someone guesses the correct geocoin (year, coin, edition, finish, whatever)

#8 - I reserve the right to change the rules for whatever reason.

For the first few days I will chime in occasionally and comment if any of the guesses contain any correct information, but I won't say which information is correct or which post it was... I don't want to make it too easy.

I might chime in occasionally with a helpful hint too...

Right - go for it!

Edited by Eartha

I just won a cointest, so I'm disqualified but this is very funny and I'll be watching.

This is very funny if I understand it... people are just supposed to make wild stabs in the dark? :laughing:

'

Yep - you got it! And I ain't planning on being too helpful to start with either. :anibad:

:rolleyes:

WOW!!! Nice cointest!!! thank you fo that!!! :D

I do not completely understand the (year, coin, edition, finish).... year... coin... finish....are ok... by edition you mean... the colours?

Let's see.... for first guess....

UFO geocoin of team Kizb, in Antique silver with antique gold ring...!!! For year... well it is a new coin... but I do not know if you can put it as a 2010 or 2011 coin... Probably as a 2011 right?

Great guessing so far...

I will say that of some of the geocoins mentioned that had multiple metals available for sale when they were sold, there was an edition of some of those geocoins made of the same metal as this geocoin when it was sold.

What I will say is that the specific geocoin has yet to be mentioned, not the specific metal finish. :ph34r:

This is going to drive me nuts! (why is there no emoticon for jumping up and down?)

:ph34r:

You can borrow mine if you want. :)

36_1_33.gif from http://www.rgforum.no/forum/images/smiles/36_1_33.gif.

I will say that of some of the geocoins mentioned that had multiple metals available for sale when they were sold, there was an edition of some of those geocoins made of the same metal as this geocoin when it was sold.

Ummm... If I did the math correctly, the coin is either antique silver, shiny silver, foggy/satin silver, antique gold, shiny gold, foggy/satin gold, antique bronze, shiny bronze, foggy/satin bronze, antique copper, shiny copper, foggy copper, nickel or black nickel ... or some other rare metal. Or maybe I should list all possible two-tone combos? Thanks a lot, that hint really helped. Not that I expected more on the first day. :laughing:

This is going to drive me nuts! (why is there no emoticon for jumping up and down?)

:ph34r:

You can borrow mine if you want. :)

36_1_33.gif from http://www.rgforum.no/forum/images/smiles/36_1_33.gif.

Ummm... If I did the math correctly, the coin is either antique silver, shiny silver, foggy/satin silver, antique gold, shiny gold, foggy/satin gold, antique bronze, shiny bronze, foggy/satin bronze, antique copper, shiny copper, foggy copper, nickel or black nickel ... or some other rare metal. Or maybe I should list all possible two-tone combos? Thanks a lot, that hint really helped. Not that I expected more on the first day. :laughing:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um - Yes, you are correct!

Look, look, keewee just gave us ANOTHER clue! Too bad I can't guess for another 6 hours... :laughing:

Look, look, keewee just gave us ANOTHER clue! Too bad I can't guess for another 6 hours... :laughing:

You've got the metal - what more do you want!? :laughing: