Finding New TB Caches

Froxx

I need advice.

I have two TB's to place that I brought back from a recent vacation.

However... although we've been looking, we've not found any appropriote caches in which to place them. The caches we've found are either too small, too full, too remote, or in an 'iffy' area, etc.

Any advice on how to search for caches that would be the most appropriote for placing TB's? For example, it it better to put it in a Park and Grab type of cache.. or is there a way to tell if caches are visited often? Is it best to place it near an airport if it wants to travel?

I just want to do the best by them. B)

B.

There's no easy answer to this...

As an owner of quite a lot of trackables, I appreciate your concern about dropping off these TBs: With the average size of caches getting smaller all the time it can be difficult to find the ideal cache but you can only do your best within your own locality. Looking at past logs will indicate how often a cache gets visited.

As for placing TBs in caches near airports if they want to travel - I'm not convinced that this works well - I feel that people who are heading off to an airport for their flight are not that likely to stop off on their way there to pick up random trackables. If we're planning a long trip I generally have a quick look at trackables in caches near our home the week before we go, to see if we can assist any of them.

If you're having difficulty finding a good drop off spot, and a month+ has passed by, I'd say that the most important thing is let the owner know that their traveller is still safe with you by putting a brief Note log on their item.

MrsB

Welcome to the hobby Froxx.

While your concern about just the right location is noteworthy you probably shouldn't get worry about it all that much. Flip your logic around and just avoid ones that are obviously bad. IMHO the worst thing you can do is put it in a rarely visited cache. I had one of mine deposited on a remote mountain top cache that got two visits a year. It stayed a long time. All of us who have been around awhile know that sometimes our little friends disappear but would rather see them move than held for a long time looking for the perfect spot.

After you have been around awhile and seen what happens to these little guys you will probably relax a little.