LOL! Funny Stuff Your Kids Do

Heya all. Today, after Mrs. DazD and I had placed a cache, we collected the kiddos who were playing on a nearby dirt pile. (There looks to be some construction going on nearby where we hid the cache.) Also in the area, were a dump truck and a bulldozer. I like to use our caching time to help educate my kids about things they might run across in nature. I've shown them how to ID several types of critter tracks, what it looks like when a beaver gnaws a tree and what various types of bugs and spiders look like, among other things. On the way back to the car, I was walking with my son (just turned 11 two days ago....), pointed down, and asked what type of track was on the ground. The response I got was priceless: "Dump truck". I paused, started laughing, and said, "No, goofy. Inside the tire track." "Oh. Deer." LOL When we got to the car, I told the Mrs. and we both laughed all the way out of the park.

There are many, many more stories I could share, but I'll leave room for others.

Later!

Not "funny" per se, but I have to brag on the Bitty One. I'm heading out to a mega event this weekend so I've got all my stuff on my side table; my Nuvi, my 80Mil and my new Magellan GC along with my old compass because, hey, there's no school like the old school. Bitty one is always taking things from the table and handing them to me, "Here Mommy, that's yours." Today my compass got knocked down. I'm blaming the cat at this point since little guy usually hands stuff back to me. Anyways, I say "Mal, my compass is on the floor right there, can you get it for me?" My 2 year old son looks at the floor and assesses the situation. He picks up my compass and hands it to me. Easy peasy. I still want to know how he knew what a compass was or if he just handed me the only thing that didn't fall under the "car" "train" or "stuffed animal" categories.

A few weekends ago, we were caching in a park that has equestrian trails. Being a horse owning family, spotting droppings on the trails was nothing new for us, but we had a few extra friends of my 8 year old that came along caching with us that day. At one particularly large pile, I decided to have a little fun by bending down to inspect the droppings and anounce that this was from a quarterhorse, aged about 5 years that had passed by here 5 days ago. When my daughter's friend asked how I knew that, I just said you could tell by looking real closely at it. My daughter picked up on the joke and at the next pile announced that this horse was a paint, a female, and had oats for breakfast. Her friend was now truly amazed that my daughter also had incredible powers of observation. I shared a quick glance with my daughter and I knew where this was headed. At each pile, the amount discernible information increased and I knew my daughter was testing just how far she could push this before her friend wised up.

Near the end of the afternoon my daughter inspected a pile and announced that it was a male palomino, 7 years old, had been here 3 weeks ago, had hay for breakfast, with a female rider, age 17, who was left handed, using an english saddle, and not wearing her helmet. I asked if the rider's cholesterol was high or low, and without skipping a beat she said it was low. We both started laughing right after we heard, "How can you tell that?"

A few weekends ago, we were caching in a park that has equestrian trails. Being a horse owning family, spotting droppings on the trails was nothing new for us, but we had a few extra friends of my 8 year old that came along caching with us that day. At one particularly large pile, I decided to have a little fun by bending down to inspect the droppings and anounce that this was from a quarterhorse, aged about 5 years that had passed by here 5 days ago. When my daughter's friend asked how I knew that, I just said you could tell by looking real closely at it. My daughter picked up on the joke and at the next pile announced that this horse was a paint, a female, and had oats for breakfast. Her friend was now truly amazed that my daughter also had incredible powers of observation. I shared a quick glance with my daughter and I knew where this was headed. At each pile, the amount discernible information increased and I knew my daughter was testing just how far she could push this before her friend wised up.

Near the end of the afternoon my daughter inspected a pile and announced that it was a male palomino, 7 years old, had been here 3 weeks ago, had hay for breakfast, with a female rider, age 17, who was left handed, using an english saddle, and not wearing her helmet. I asked if the rider's cholesterol was high or low, and without skipping a beat she said it was low. We both started laughing right after we heard, "How can you tell that?"

Hehe that's a cute story!