New Cache Notification

skydiver

I don't seem to be getting the Thursday notifiactions of new caches. I have the box checked in my profile requesting these emails, but two Thursdays have gone by in which there were new caches placed by other people in my area, but no email. I know of one other geocacher experiencing the same issue.

Does it maybe not send the email if it knows that I already saw the caches (because I check several times a day as it is)? If so, I actually like that even better, but just want to make sure that's what is really happening.

--- Two paths diverged in a wood, and my... my GPSr pointed dead center between them. ---

quote:
Originally posted by skydiver:

I don't seem to be getting the Thursday notifiactions of new caches. I have the box checked in my profile requesting these emails, but two Thursdays have gone by in which there were new caches placed by other people in my area, but no email. I know of one other geocacher experiencing the same issue.

I'll check your account and see if I can find anything. We get a lot of bounced e-mails when we send out the e-mails, so I'll also check the mail server logs to see if the problem might be there.

-Elias

It looks like our current e-mail tool hit its limit. It only sent out about 25% of the new cache notifications last week and I'm not sure why. icon_confused.gif Growing pains I suppose... In any case, I've already started rewriting it and it should be ready for this Thursday.

-Elias

It looks like our current e-mail tool hit its limit. It only sent out about 25% of the new cache notifications last week and I'm not sure why. icon_confused.gif Growing pains I suppose... In any case, I've already started rewriting it and it should be ready for this Thursday.

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I've noticed that my new cache e-mail notifications have been sporatic for months.

Sorry about that Markwell.... We send out so many e-mails now that we had no idea it was failing. Hopefully the rewrite will improve its reliability.

-Elias