Garmin Oregon 450

i just bought a garmin oregon 450 last night im trying to load caches on to it but im so confused i dont have a priemum membership quite yet can some one help me out i see that on the gps when i plug it in it has a gpx folder but in that folder are 2 more that say current and navigation can some one please help me out i want to get up and running espacialy with the paperless caching and i have no idea what this chirp thing that come up when i click the geocache icon on my gps can some one help me out please

i just bought a garmin oregon 450 last night im trying to load caches on to it but im so confused i dont have a priemum membership quite yet can some one help me out i see that on the gps when i plug it in it has a gpx folder but in that folder are 2 more that say current and navigation can some one please help me out i want to get up and running espacialy with the paperless caching and i have no idea what this chirp thing that come up when i click the geocache icon on my gps can some one help me out please

Welcome!

Holy god thats a long sentence. If you search oregon 450 theres a database of information. Also take a look at the manual for your unit, its on the Garmin website and also in one of the folders of your device.

It was hard to read, I hope I addressed all your questions.

1. The GPX files go into \GARMIN\GPX - ignore the "CURRENT" folder

2. You can activate a free 30 day premium membership with your 450

3. Without premium membership, you can use "Send to GPS" but you will not have the description, size, terrain, hints and all the good stuff. You have name, GC code and coordinates only.

4. Ignore chirp for now. You can disable it in Setup -> Geocaching. It is a radio beacon that broadcasts coordinates / hints for the next stage used in some caches. If it is required for a cache, the "beacon" attribute will be set.

You can also load caches one at a time by clicking on the cache page. Then clicking on GPX file, and save it in your 450 under the GPX folder. This will load all the information, just like on the computer screen. Hope this helps. Have fun.

You can only load 200 caches that way. It makes a GPX file for each cache and you are limited to 200 GPX files on your GPSr. It's easier to just click the "Send To" button.

The "send to" button also creates one GPX file per cache, so you're gonna hit the same limit.