Any Stoke-on-Trent cachers?

first78

I'm in Stoke, and can certainly recommend the West Midlands Forum as linked above. You don't have to be mad to join us, but it helps :P

And the event mentioned above will welcome visitors from 4pm to 8pm if you don't want to camp.

Which part of Stoke do you live in?

Edited by ivanidea

hey

i used to live in stoke and pop back every now and again to visit family. maybe someday we can cache together when im up near there? im living in sunny melton mowbray now and have yet to come accross any other cachers on my travels, and it would be nice to see others with the same obsession :) maybe see you around xx

I'm in Stoke, and can certainly recommend the West Midlands Forum as linked above. You don't have to be mad to join us, but it helps :P

And the event mentioned above will welcome visitors from 4pm to 8pm if you don't want to camp.

Which part of Stoke do you live in?

I moved to Burslem last month. Have found loads of great places to go walking so just need to buy a gps off ebay and I'm going to start finding some caches :)

hey

i used to live in stoke and pop back every now and again to visit family. maybe someday we can cache together when im up near there? im living in sunny melton mowbray now and have yet to come accross any other cachers on my travels, and it would be nice to see others with the same obsession :) maybe see you around xx

Let me know whenever you're up this way, it would be fun to meet someone else who enjoys caching!!

I live in Newcastle under Lyme - not too far away from Stoke. There are quite a few regulars who go caching in the area. I've bumped into a few while out and about myself. If you try for a FTF there's a reasonable chance you will find someone else looking for the same cache. Over the last few months I've met several fellow cachers just by chance. There are also lots of good caches in the area. The "Silver Ape" ones are multiplying like rabbits at the moment! The Apedale Country Park is a good area to go caching.

BTW I did try registering on the West Midlands Caching forum earlier. It asked me an anti bot question, "What is the terminology for a NON-Geocacher called". I tried "muggle" but it didn't accept that and claimed that "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered". It then asked me to retry but the field to answer the question had now disappeared! At this point I gave up.

I live in Newcastle under Lyme - not too far away from Stoke. There are quite a few regulars who go caching in the area. I've bumped into a few while out and about myself. If you try for a FTF there's a reasonable chance you will find someone else looking for the same cache. Over the last few months I've met several fellow cachers just by chance. There are also lots of good caches in the area. The "Silver Ape" ones are multiplying like rabbits at the moment! The Apedale Country Park is a good area to go caching.

BTW I did try registering on the West Midlands Caching forum earlier. It asked me an anti bot question, "What is the terminology for a NON-Geocacher called". I tried "muggle" but it didn't accept that and claimed that "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered". It then asked me to retry but the field to answer the question had now disappeared! At this point I gave up.

I had the same problem when I tried to join :( Tried several times but then just gave up as there seems to be a problem with the site :(

I'm in Burslem. We don't tend to see many cachers actually - I think they take one look at us and run off <_< hehe.

We do a lot of caching in the Peak District and towards Leek, Buxton etc. The Gradbach caches are pretty fab :D

It's great to know I'm not the only cacher in Burslem :) I can't wait to buy a gps and start caching again as when I first started caching I borrowed a gps from a friend. I'm really looking forward to exploring caches in the Peak District but also can't wait to do some of the local ones :)

Thanks for the interest-

Please accept my apologises there seem to a problem with the registration form; which I wasn't aware of until now. :(

If you wish to still register send me an email and as soon as I have corrected the problem I will forward you a link.

Again please accept my apologises

I'm another one of the Stoke on Trent caching clan - seems plenty of us and people looking after each others caches which I think is the polite thing to do if you find one trashed or damaged but rescueable (i.e. container broken, contents on the floor, etc).

Maybe catch you out and about sometime....

Take care. Leigh....