Birdseye on DVD?

If you draw some kind of boundary around your requested area and can get me a KML/KMZ or GPX file I would be happy to download the area for you at the resolution you'd like. I can then burn a DVD with those JNX's on them and get it in the snail mail. You probably already know this but for the benefit of others all you would have to do is to load them into your "My Collection" folder and transfer them to your unit (providing you have a subscription). I've done this before (sent DVD to my Mom) and it works great.

My connection speed is pretty good and it would likely take only a day or two depending on the area you'd like.

I don't think this would work, unless you were able to break the encryption. It's been a while since I've used birdseye, but doesn't the device you are moving the data to have to be conected to the computer you are downloading from?

No, not really. You can download the imagery with a subscription for device X (with device X connected), copy the downloaded files to another PC, and there copy the imagery onto device Y, which also has a linked subscription. The signing of the JNX files only happens when they're transfered to the target device.

The cryptography behind the signatures in the JNX files hasn't been broken, but apparently it's possible to patch up your firmware to make it read unsigned JNX files. Not something I would recommend though.

I don't think this would work, unless you were able to break the encryption. It's been a while since I've used birdseye, but doesn't the device you are moving the data to have to be conected to the computer you are downloading from?

It works if you have a subscription for the device in question. It doesn't if you don't. I'm assuming MtnHermit has a subscription.

No, not really. You can download the imagery with a subscription for device X (with device X connected), copy the downloaded files to another PC, and there copy the imagery onto device Y, which also has a linked subscription. The signing of the JNX files only happens when they're transfered to the target device.

The cryptography behind the signatures in the JNX files hasn't been broken, but apparently it's possible to patch up your firmware to make it read unsigned JNX files. Not something I would recommend though.

Makes sense, I thought they were tagged during download (I mean something's gotta make it take that long.) But that's good to know. That way I can download once and upload to my two devices that have subscriptions. Thanks for the info.