geocaching birthday party ideas?

hey everyone my daughter has decided she wants a geocaching birthday party ( she is turning 9)was wondering if anyone has done this and if anyone had any ideas for a party like this? also anyone know where i can get geocaching party supplies hats,plates,cups things like that thanks for any ideas

Look for Camo party supplies as opposed to Geocaching. Someone uploaded,on a recent thread, a label template that you could print and put on the cups. A Cache container CAMO station would be a blast. That's all I got right now. What a blast my son would have had w/ that a few years back! Oh yea, temp caches to find (but don't log...unless you're a Buckeye like me) :lol:

Get with some other local cachers in the area, and maybe talk with your local reviewer to put some caches in a local park, maybe where you're having the party? Try to have them published the day of. May be easier to have other cachers put up new ones if you're willing to provide the caches...

A friend put this one out for another cacher's son's birthday. Browse the gallery pics and you'll get the general idea. The cache owners went to a nearby thrift store and dollar store, and stocked up on inexpensive swag and had it hanging ALL OVER the small tree. The cache was also part of the swag. The ability to do this really depends on having the right spot, though, although this was not really all that remote a location.

:lol: A birthday power trail! Put a micro at each mailbox on the block. It might be a little further between caches than a real power trail, but it's just temporary...right?

We don't got mailboxes in da U.P. Much less, any dang micros!

Move to civilization. J/K My cousin is a Sheriff somewhere in the UP. Not exactly sure where. South Bass Island is as far north as I've been in 20 years or more.

Later!

:lol: A birthday power trail! Put a micro at each mailbox on the block. It might be a little further between caches than a real power trail, but it's just temporary...right?

We don't got mailboxes in da U.P. Much less, any dang micros!

Move to civilization. J/K My cousin is a Sheriff somewhere in the UP. Not exactly sure where. South Bass Island is as far north as I've been in 20 years or more.

Later!

Not a chance. Worked too hard getting here, not gonna return!

Make each kid a caching kit. A cheap plastic pencil box filled with a few trade items, a small notebook (to record their finds) and a pen. Plant some "caches" in the yard. Print out a sheet with the cache names, hints, and a place to record the find and paste these into the notebook pages. Lead the kids around to search for your caches, record their finds, and trade swag. Send the kids home with their cache kits as party favors and include a flyer that tells the parents how to log onto geocaching.com and get the family involved in the real deal. I did a similar thing for my nieces and nephew when they visited, they (5-9 yrs old) loved it. I guess it depends on the kids ages, but its fun.

subbing...

We are new to this but I have 4 yr and 8 yr old b.days coming in May and June and this sounds like a great idea although I need to learn more about geocaching myself first.

Make each kid a caching kit. A cheap plastic pencil box filled with a few trade items, a small notebook (to record their finds) and a pen. Plant some "caches" in the yard. Print out a sheet with the cache names, hints, and a place to record the find and paste these into the notebook pages. Lead the kids around to search for your caches, record their finds, and trade swag. Send the kids home with their cache kits as party favors and include a flyer that tells the parents how to log onto geocaching.com and get the family involved in the real deal. I did a similar thing for my nieces and nephew when they visited, they (5-9 yrs old) loved it. I guess it depends on the kids ages, but its fun.

We are having some friends and their kids to our cabin in the woods and are planning a geoparty that would work at a park for a birthday and will be as follows:

I will go to the area and hide 5 geocache containers, each filled with different swag, enough for everyone comming, as I hide them I will mark the location as a waypoint in my GPSr and number it. When everyone arrives, I will hand the GPSr to my child and watch as she yells out, "number one is 75 feet that way!" and they all run into the woods to find them.