anyone else having trouble with gc.com this morning?

Cant run pq's and finds dont show up on map as smileys.

Yup the site is running really slow - even for a Sunday.

Also it is not rendering google kml or kmz files correctly when uploading routes and also when creating the pocket query.

Also refuses to upload a gpx file created by MS Streets for route creation.

Also not identifying My Finds on google map renderings.

All in all = pretty screwed up.

Not a good day for the site.

Edited by Geek & Sweet

Add me to the list. Pages are taking forever to load and when they do, no smileys showing, ignored caches displaying, etc. I've been having the smilies/ignored thing happening for the past 2-3 months, but it's been fixable by either redoing the search or hassling around with a PQ. Both of which are giant PITAs, but since Groundspeak didn't seem inclined to fix the problem, ya do what you gotta do. Now not even redoing the search is working. I haven't even tried to do a PQ, but it looks like that would've been a waste of time as well.

Boy, am I glad to know I am not the only one having problems. I went on a major cache run yesterday, about 120 finds, and I cannot get them to show on the map to make sure I did not miss logging one. This is very frustrating just as the weather get better to cache in. Hope everyone enjoys their spring and this improves in the next few minutes, hours.

I thought it was just me. Glad to know everyone else is having problems. Wonder when it will fixed?? :unsure:

The site has been having major issues all weekend. Tried yesterday to load up some caches and it took so long I just gave up.

Today the site is not much better. Trying to run PQ's with no luck.

Hopefully they are working on the site. You would think they would put the crawler on the top if they were aware of it?

SilleB

Yup. Me too.

I was thinking of starting this thread, and found it top, front and center.

According to the map I haven't found any.

Going to be trouble downloading some for the day, but I'll manage.

Yes, it would be good to have a moderator come out and let us know about this.

My smilies have had a problem of disappearing for some time, but all of my usual tricks that normally get them back aren't working today.

Hope to get this up and going soon.

Thanks for all of your hard work down there guys! I know you'll be right on this!

the site is running a bit slow, but I was able to run and download the myfinds PQ.

there does seem to a problem with my public profile page...everything that was listed under "profile information" has mysteriously disappeared since yesterday afternoon. clicking on "edit my profile" similarly results in a blank text box. I think I'll wait a bit before recoding everything, just incase my info is hiding in a database server somewhere...

the site is running a bit slow, but I was able to run and download the myfinds PQ.

there does seem to a problem with my public profile page...everything that was listed under "profile information" has mysteriously disappeared since yesterday afternoon. clicking on "edit my profile" similarly results in a blank text box. I think I'll wait a bit before recoding everything, just incase my info is hiding in a database server somewhere...

I've lost all my public profile details as well - so at least I'm not alone. I'll wait and see if a back-up restores it, hope so!

Edited by ivymill

The site isn't slow for me at the moment. BUT I have lost all my stats on my profile page (my personal ones from GSAK not the ones provided by GC). All attempts at updating them are met with failure. Also I just set up a PQ and it will not run.

Come on guys usually this is a great site but surely you can find someone to work on Sunday to fix issues like this. We all know Sundays in the spring wreak havoc on this site due to the volume of visits/logs/etc.

While I've not played with the maps or run any PQs, I have been having the profile issues. Seems all my GSAK data has gone missing. Odd, though, is that while I can't see my info, others apparently can. I played around a bit further and it got a bit more interesting. Seems clicking on the 'view your public profile' link returns a page with no (GSAK/FSG) data. However, if I search for myself via the 'find another player' link on the main page, it mysteriously returns a page with everything intact.

Go figure.

Me too to all of the above. So! We all are complaining. We are the peons. Can we please have an administrator of the site please step in and clarify the problem and an eta on the resolution please......

Everyone here has problems that are all the same. Could we please get a resolution.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd sure like a word from the lackeys that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

I guarantee that they know about it and are working on it. Sometimes things are easily fixed by some tweaking. Sometimes they require major changes, which can take some time.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd sure like a word from the lackeys that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

I'd rather just see it fixed. I don't feel a need to see them waste their time talking about it. Just fix it.

Well, of course, I think we'd all rather see it fixed, but it doesn't need to take any time from those working on the problem to have somebody else post a "we're working on it" message.