Active 5/4.5 caches placed before 4/7/2007?

This seems to be the rarest of the rare combos needed to qualify for the original Well Rounded Cacher, aka Fizzy, in California. There is one below the Mackinac Bridge near the Straits I'm hoping to find in another month or so. I know there is also one in Duluth MN, but the ratings change with the seasons. I found one more in the San Diego area about a womb. Any others out there in the US or Canadian border areas? I'll have more travel opportunities soon, and others might like to know what's still out there, too.

For Canada, I found five that meet the requirements.

In British Columbia: Hmscherlic Speaks (GCZV20), although I suspect it might not be a "true" 5/4.5.

In Ontario: ACT 277 (GCGF14).

In Quebec: 117 Hot Wheel (GCWNG1).

In Nova Scotia: Our APollettgies (GC15C0).

In Nunavut: Not the north pole, but you can see it from here (GCHC2E).

Edited by CanadianRockies

I use that app all the time, but it doesn't seem to allow me to cover all of North America, so I was hoping folks from other areas would share their knowledge and I can build a bookmark list for the D/T lovers among us! :D

It's not just North America. There is a proximity limit (500 miles) that you'll run into with pocket queries that I've had to work around when searching for caches in very sparsely populated areas. You could probably come of up with a rough estimate for center coordinates that could be used to create pocket queries which covered North America. Here's something I found that might help:

"A degree of latitude is approximately 69 miles, and a minute of latitude is approximately 1.15 miles. A second of latitude is approximately 0.02 miles, or just over 100 feet.

A degree of longitude varies in size. At the equator, it is approximately 69 miles, the same size as a degree of latitude. The size gradually decreases to zero as the meridians converge at the poles. At a latitude of 45 degrees, a degree of longitude is approximately 49 miles. Because a degree of longitude varies in size, minutes and seconds of longitude also vary, decreasing in size towards the poles."

You could also just do a PQ for each state with the specified D/T ratings.

Edited typo add: When I did a PQ for California, any type, with D/T 5/4.5 I got 24 results. It looks like when searching by State the results are sorted by cache type. Only four of them were traditionals.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Per Lil Devil, select all US states. It's a bit tedious (select alaska, +control select alabama, control/select arkansas/ control/select....), but you only have to do this once, then keep that query.

I set this up for myself when I started tracking all US Wherigo

FYI, in the US there are currently 180 caches that meet your criteria: active 5/4.5 caches placed before 4/7/2007

Edited by Isonzo Karst