New Coin -- The Oceanside Kitties Geocoin

AtlantaGal

Basically 20 sets are NOT ready to ship. There are 20 nickel coins with various imperfections, as well as some gold and a few black nickel. So I'm going to look over the buyers list and ask my closest friends to wait for the remakes which were just turned in to the vendor. I'll come back and edit this post with the orders that are NOT shipping right away. I'll also provide a date when the remakes will be in hand. Thanks.

I'll wait :D

Thanks guys. Looks like some of the peeps I picked didn't mind ;-)

Here's what orders are NOT shipping tomorrow:

Thorny1

Mauison

Cache_Kitty

Slayerette

Shilo

Trez

Avroair

Birdies

Greenish

JoenSue

Mertat

MustangJoni

All other orders are packed up and will be on the way tomorrow afternoon. Please allow the standard 2-3 weeks for international deliveries.

The remakes went immediately into production. Will post a finish date when I have one.

Kat, I think I made sure yours were all perfect, sorry! The nickel double-white paws will be more common in these first shipments.

Edit added: The icons are live in case anyone was wondering. I activated an imperfect AE that I had missed when checking for mistake coins.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Heh, it's okay, no worries. I just love quirky, not-quite-right coins. As long as they're not MINE. ; )

LOL, yeah the operative being not yours. It's like two different people were doing the coin painting or something and obviously not looking at the artwork. Just figured it was an acceptable mistake. The other stuff wasn't and had to be remade.

Just saw this - not a problem at all on the wait. Hope you get your kitties taken care of soon (if not already :) ) - the real ones - not the coins :lol:

There was a cancellation last week and I took Calvin (Callie) and Tux in because I could easily catch them. Turns out that the 3 with the tipped ear are indeed already spayed/neutered (which I suspected after exchanging emails with Paisley Cat). That's good because I honestly don't know how I would have caught China in the first place. The vet said they were done at 8 to 10 weeks of age. I did get the DHLP (I think that's the name of the shot) for the two and also had them treated for ear mites.

Smudge (the one without a tipped ear) goes tomorrow morning as long as she shows up for breakfast, which she should. Her procedure is going to be quite involved and double the price for the spay portion. She is pregnant, experiencing a false pregnancy or miscarried, and has signs of mastitis. She'll also have to stay there for a few days to heal.

Am hoping some US peeps get their coins today.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Got my set in the mail today. Minor color errors between the two (orange ear on the black and white cat on one coin , white patch on the brown and white cat where the other coin has brown), but I love them both! Will probably activate one and send it out on a journey and keep the other in my collection. Great job on these!

Got my set in the mail today. Minor color errors between the two (orange ear on the black and white cat on one coin , white patch on the brown and white cat where the other coin has brown), but I love them both! Will probably activate one and send it out on a journey and keep the other in my collection. Great job on these!

Orange ear? On the front of the coin? Don't know how I missed that!

The other is the white-paw inking error I mentioned several posts above. There are 22 of 60 nickel coins and 9 of 60 gold with that error. It's an oddity I decided to leave in the edition.

Okay, I see what you guys are talking about now. Part of the white ear was inked the buff color of the other cat where it overlaps. I missed that on all of them I'm afraid :(

No worries I love them just the way they are! I'll have to take a pic of the other error, it's not a white paw error. I think it's kinda cool to have the coins be slightly different, makes them unique. :lol: Also, glad to hear the kitties are doing well and have a loving person to take care of them.

I don't know if I want to see any more errors, lol. You have no idea how many I did see while inspecting the coin order when it arrived. Kind of depressing to have a coin messed up just about every way possible.

The bright side, at least the icon is cool and the cats aren't dayglo :grin:

Edited by AtlantaGal

Just saw this - not a problem at all on the wait. Hope you get your kitties taken care of soon (if not already :) ) - the real ones - not the coins :lol:

There was a cancellation last week and I took Calvin (Callie) and Tux in because I could easily catch them. Turns out that the 3 with the tipped ear are indeed already spayed/neutered (which I suspected after exchanging emails with Paisley Cat). That's good because I honestly don't know how I would have caught China in the first place. The vet said they were done at 8 to 10 weeks of age. I did get the DHLP (I think that's the name of the shot) for the two and also had them treated for ear mites.

Smudge (the one without a tipped ear) goes tomorrow morning as long as she shows up for breakfast, which she should. Her procedure is going to be quite involved and double the price for the spay portion. She is pregnant, experiencing a false pregnancy or miscarried, and has signs of mastitis. She'll also have to stay there for a few days to heal.

Am hoping some US peeps get their coins today.

Well, that's definitely good news about the 3. Hopefully Smudge's trip won't be too traumatic for her and she'll soon be back posing for pics!

Smudge is in the crate and covered in my car port. She is not happy with me at all. Hope she'll remain quiet for the next 90 minutes till they open. If not, I'll be heading to the clinic and camping out in their parking lot, lol

Update: Dropped off and ready to be picked up at 3:30 today. Apparently they don't board there (wish I knew that ahead of time), but I found another place closer to my home, The Cat's Meow, that said they will keep her for recovery for me if I can get her there before closing.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Heh, yeah, I'd prefer not to have mint errors on mine. But I kinda like them on others, for a given value of "error". ; )

The Egyptian Key sold! btw, for $30. Since that's a relatively low amount, I'll be donating that amount to both recipients (once I figure out how to donate to Ferals in Need). I'll post "proof" here when I have it all figured out and am done, but I have already shipped out the coin. I will get eBay updated when I can, but I'm pretty hammered-busy right now. In fact, I have to go take care of the animals at Yokosuka PAWS (Pets Are Worth Saving) now. See ya!

(And thanks for supporting my auction! : ) )

I had to bring Smudge home today, a little earlier than I wanted. Overnight she tore up her cage at the vet. There was kitty litter, food and water everywhere, lol. The vet said she obviously wanted out of the cage and her incision looked good enough to let her loose. I posted a photo on Facebook from this evening, but for those of you who are not connected to me over there, here's a reduced sized copy...

Getting a little TLC from Big Brother Calvin (Callie).

8a2646d9-15f6-4d66-a826-462f075ffd61.jpg

I thought Smudgy might hold a grudge for a few days and avoid me, but she's been more affectionate than ever and has been taking it easy in the backyard all day.

They're both adorable cats. :)

Glad shes all good. :) One of our current cats had to go back twice after de-sexing cos' he kept pulling out the stitches and splitting the suture line!

We just have a horrendous experience with an 8 week old kitten we got at easter. :cry: Wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Edited by keewee