Sometimes Geocoin

manu luq

I've designed geometric forms, inspired by decorative motifs of the XVI century architecture in Europe.

The phrase: "Sometimes space and time disappear when we merge with the experience".

sometimes05.jpg

Cardinal Points replace the hours 3, 6, 9, 12.

I'm finishing the details of this coin. I'd like to do this type of source, ...if it's possible.

The font size is enough to read the phrase?

I would make this coin in 2-tones, but I'm finding with incompatibilities when choosing 2 metal, it seems that

the antique copper can not be combined with any other, and black nickel, with very few metals.

When resolved what to do with these technical limitations I will make three editions :)

Edited: Trackable and own icon.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I've designed geometric forms, inspired by decorative motifs of the XVI century architecture in Europe.

The phrase: "Sometimes space and time disappear when we merge with the experience".

sometimes03c.jpg

Cardinal Points replace the hours 3, 6, 9, 12.

I'm finishing the details of this coin. I'd like to do this type of source, ...if it's possible.

The font size is enough to read the phrase?

I would make this coin in 2-tones, but I'm finding with incompatibilities when choosing 2 metal, it seems that

the antique copper can not be combined with any other, and black nickel, with very few metals.

When resolved what to do with these technical limitations I will make three editions :)

Sounds really interesting but I can't see a picture...

Edited by yanagi

These are the versions that I'd like to do, but perhaps not all of them.

Beneath the enamel are the symbols of each of the 4 elements, according to the alchemists.

SometimesCompass.jpg

Sometimes2x2.jpg

SometimesCompass4AE.jpg

There are details that can not be seen now, as different gritty.

Perhaps I'll include more symbols, although it can look too small, I have to check this.

The front is the same as above, without significant changes.

BTW, the phrase is mine, but doesn't matter because the meaning is from all, which is much more essential. I mean that the matter is a mere vehicle of the spirit that animates it, ...if any :)

Well, after some small changes in the metals and other details, I decided to go into production, ...without samples, so I'll post pictures when coins in hands, which I guess will be in June :D

I will make four very limited editions for Sometimes geocoin:

Water, satin silver w/ blue trans

Fire, antique copper w/ red "

Earth, foggy gold w/ brown "

Air, white nickel w/ green "

And an AE, antique bronze w/ dark blue, to trade only.

SometimesWater.jpg

I've put only the artwork of Sometimes Water edition.

If there are enough people who like these coins during the next week, I'll increase the order :)

Edited: BTW, removed Compass because really is not a compass.

Edited by manu luq

Well, after some small changes in the metals and other details, I decided to go into production, ...without samples, so I'll post pictures when coins in hands, which I guess will be in June :D

SometimesWater.jpg

If there are enough people who like these coins during the next week, I'll increase the order :)

Wow - I really like the one in the picture!!

SometimesWater.jpg

Sweet looking coin. Will be interested to see the final product.

I put pictures of the different versions that are available.

In total there are eight versions, four are of a metal and predominant color for each of the four elements: fire/red in gold, earth/brown in silver, air/green in copper, water/blue in black nickel).

Fire - Gold with Red

SometimesFire_GoldRed.jpg

Earth - Silver with Brown

SometimesEarth_SilverBrown.jpg

Air - Copper with Green

SometimesAir_CopperGreen.jpg

Water - Black Nickel with Blue

SometimesWater_BlackNickelBlue.jpg

The other four versions are 2-Tone: Gold/Antique Silver. Here the background has been interchanged between the pairs of elements Water/Air and Fire/Earth.

As usual, are much nicer on the hands than in the photos.

I hope you like.

PS: I'll put later pics for the 2-Tones editions.

Edited by manu luq

Just a question about the diameter. The first design mentions two inches, in the reservation page the specifications mention another size. Thanks for an explanation.

In the first artwork was 2", but later left at 1.75" (finally I haven't put some small symbols.). Thanks for the question.

Hi there, this is my first COINTEST!!!

The winner may choose one Sometimes geocoin in Gold, Silver, Copper or Black Nickel.

The question to resolve is:

In a city of the southern Spain there is the building whose one of his tracery inspired the reverse of the coin:

SometimesTracery.jpg

What building is, and what city is it?

For example: Mezquita, Cordoba

- Only 1 guess every 4 hours.

- Edited posts are disqualified.

Cointest ends next Thursday 15 at midnight, or when the first correct answer, whichever comes first.

I hope you like!

Edited by manu luq

Alacazar, Seville

Yes ... the correct answer was very fast :lol:

... I think I'll have to put another cointest B)

Is the domed ceiling of the Ambassadors' Hall or Throne Room, in the Alcazar of Seville

DomedCeilingAlcazarSevilla.jpg

Congratulations Tim!!, I will send you the version you choose when minted, email me your address please, but I think I have it... :D

Edited: Photo by Mary Ann Sullivan ©2005. I have photographed (on site), scanned, and manipulated all the images on these pages. Please feel free to use them for personal or educational purposes.

Edited by manu luq

Well, here's the second round of the cointest :D

The winner may choose one Sometimes geocoin in Gold, Silver, Copper or Black Nickel.

The question is:

Initially, there was gritty in the design of the coin, three densities of gritty, with the following relationship (see drawing): X + Y = Z

What were the densities?

SometimesGrittyCointest.jpg

The rules:

- Only 1 guess every 2 hours.

- Edited posts are disqualified.

Cointest ends next Thursday 15 at midnight, or when the first correct answer, whichever comes first.

PS: Remember the time difference, I may be sleeping when the response is correct.

I hope you like!

Alacazar, Seville

Yes ... the correct answer was very fast :lol:

... I think I'll have to put another cointest B)

I was running some cointests on the Schrodinger's geocoin thread and they went quite a bit faster than I expected too! :P

Congratulations Tim!!, I will send you the version you choose when minted, email me your address please, but I think I have it... :D

Thanks Manuel. I will send you the address and my choice in a few minutes.

4 + 8 = 12?

I have no idea what gritty is? Some type of enamel or something?

I believe that he is referring to the twelve textures that the Mints use. You can specify the texture be put onto a specific area of the coin in order to give it some "depth". The mint will sometime refer to at Grit #1, Grit #2 etc.

Here is a picture of a texture wheel coin

Texture Wheel