Should this cache be yanked? er... archived?

Rubbertoe

Should this cache be archived/removed/whatever?

This cache is fairly close to my location, and I was thinking about looking for it until I read the logs. Looks like it's placed on property that isn't exactly supposed to be free for the public to roam around on.

I'm not meaning to 'tattle' or whatever - but as someone else mentions in the log, we don't wanna give the sport a bad name by causing problems or breaking rules/laws.

Is this something that should be removed from the available cache list?

Rubbertoe

ToeCam: http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina/webcam

Just reading the link posted by one cacher (DLiming) ... it is a protected area and requires a permit to use. Unless the cacher has gotten permission for the cache ... and posts that requirement on the page ... I'd say it should be removed. Otherwise, it could open a whole can of worms for cache activity in Ohio ... IMHO

348_2702.gif

[This message was edited by Hawk-eye on April 01, 2002 at 05:13 AM.]

I actually tried this cache when I was visiting the area (didn't bother posting a note to the cache) and was asked to leave by a park ranger of sorts. Nonetheless if you can obtain a permit then it just becomes part of the challenge of the cache, 5 stars covers that.

On the other hand you should also be careful NOT to place a cache where it might be against the same laws that require a permit to go there.

If you have permission that’s one thing but breaking the law and placing a cache anyway just give us all a bad name IMHO.

Looks like a great location though...

Jeff

gjeff

This line in one of the logs kills me:

quote:
First off we saw the signs all over that said we needed a permit but figured they didn't apply to geocaching.

And in another log:

quote:
Print yourself up a fake permit...

icon_rolleyes.gif No wonder some parks ban geocaching...

What are people thinking?

Jamie

This line in one of the logs kills me:

quote:
First off we saw the signs all over that said we needed a permit but figured they didn't apply to geocaching.

And in another log:

quote:
Print yourself up a fake permit...

icon_rolleyes.gif No wonder some parks ban geocaching...

What are people thinking?

Jamie

Well, I've always said that parks should come up with a fair geocache placing permit system, but that is another story....

I don't have a problem visiting an area that requires a permit as long as that is CLEARLY posted in the cache description.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif