Put a Spin on your GPX files

Lil Devil

After checking out ClayJar's Watcher, I decided to put some polish on a script I've been using, and let the rest of you enjoy it, too.

Announcing GPX Spinner

GPX Spinner puts a spin on your GPX files like you only dreamed of.

icon_smile.gif Change the waypoint name to include the cache name, ID, difficulty, terrain, or any combination.

icon_biggrin.gif Change the symbol to represent the type of cache (e.g. a camera for Virtuals, a penny for Micros, or a picnic table for Event Caches). Even change the default 'Geocache' treasure chest for regular caches.

icon_cool.gif Change the symbol (e.g. to an animal) if the cache contains any travel bugs.

icon_frown.gif Change the symbol (e.g. to a tombstone) if there are several recent "Didn't Find It" logs.

icon_wink.gif Fully configurable!

I'm sure I don't have to ask, but let me know what you think.

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

How hard would it be to create a version that modifies the description field instead? The SproTrak Map can only handle 8 characters in the waypoint field, but it can handle 30 in the description field.

The ability to create a little more verbose description would helpful. Maybe in a similar style as I described in this post?

I'm starting to see the reason for ClayJar's excitment. I only wish I had the programing knowledge to roll my own.

CR

72057_2000.gif

Well, in between caching expeditions, I've been busy at work on GPX Spinner. It can now modify the description field, like CR asked for, and it can read and write zip files, saving you a step.

Next I'm going to write to a set of HTML pages similar to the old Palmable Indexes. These pages would then be capturable with Plucker or a similar reader. Spinner is already parsing out all the needed info, I just need to format it appropriately.

Anyone know what is needed to view HTML pages on a PocketPC?

Lil Devil lildevil.gif