These again?

Jamie Z

Am I the only one getting a bunch of these messages while reading the forums?

System Notice:

The OpenTopic™ service that powers this Community is momentarily unavailable. The Infopop System Administrators have been notified about the problem and are working to correct it.

Aviso De Sistema:

El servicio de OpenTopic, que acciona a esta comunidad, es momentaneamente inasequible. Han notificado sobre el problema y estan trabajando a los administradores de sistema de Infopop para corregirlo.

Gracias por su comprensión.

Infopop Corporation

I remember when we went through a phase when the error messages were everywhere, and then they went away, but now they're back. icon_frown.gif ...at least for me.

Jamie

We're finally getting our own dedicated non-beta box. In fact we have it, but we're struggling with exporting the data to the new machine.

Actually that's not the case. We're struggling with exporting the data *and* retaining all the reference links on the current forums so they link correctly to the new one. The export unfortunately changes all of the forum post IDs. Last thing I want to do is reinvent the wheel, which is exactly what we did when we moved from UBB to here.

But with over a million pageviews per month in the forums alone, we really, really need our own machine.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Actually that's not the case. We're struggling with exporting the data *and* retaining all the reference links on the current forums so they link correctly to the new one. The export unfortunately changes all of the forum post IDs. Last thing I want to do is reinvent the wheel, which is exactly what we did when we moved from UBB to here.

But with over a million pageviews per month in the forums alone, we really, really need our own machine.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I figured either it was that or the Flux capacitor was'nt getting it's required 1.21 JiggaWatts icon_wink.gif

-------------------------------------------------

"Big Mouth don't make a big man"--John Wayne