YOU TUBE GEOCACHE?

Has anyone else spotted this or other YOU TUBE geocaches???

I hadn't seen it -- this was posted just yesterday, with only a handful of views now. It does seem to be a humor video, not necessarily having any existing thing to find. And it's a rock(?) said (and shown) to be "buried". A Geocache would usually have a container with a log to sign, with no digging for a buried item required.

But it might be fun to make a video of mysterious clues, outside of Geocaching.com. If something like this were official Geocaching, there may be an alternate way to find the cache, in case YouTube can't be accessed.

Edited by kunarion

There's a youtube puzzle cache in my area. The listing only gives a vague hint towards youtube, and once you've figured that out you have to locate a video that was uploaded by the CO. In the video you see the final coords. I liked that idea.

I contacted the vide owner and my guess was right, 'LR' is short for (ordnance survey)'landranger' sheet 144 , suffolk/norfolk. More clues on the 20th and as I live on live on 'sheet 144' I'm going to go for it and find the 'pebble of peril'!

Anyone else want to race me for it?

There's a couple caches in my area that use youtube. One has videos of (I think) the cache owner's daughter playing short sections of music from different songs. You use the title of each song to derive a number that goes into the final coordinates. The other just shows a pair of hands typing on a keyboard. I think the idea is to figure out the keys that are pushed as he types out the coordinates for the cache.

I'm guessing on these, though, because I haven't tried to find either one yet.

We have one with our "Some Like It Hot!" puzzle cache published in March, 2009. We had a blast making it and the entire family contributed to the final video. You'd be surprised at how many people there are that don't read to the bottom of a cache listing!

Edited by SkipHerr