new feature?: notify folks their pictures are available

HighMtnLakes

I just developed the photos in the cache camera I left at Gross Vista. I'm now manually trying (via the indirect email feature of geocache.com) to contact everyone who may have taken a photo, to offer to send them a jpg copy of the photo. It seems this would be a handy notification feature (contact every person who logged a visit, saying "your photo is ready, send me your email address if you want a copy").

I also must have exceeded an email limit as I tried to send a msg to all 26 people on the photo roll; so now I have to wait and try later?

Thanks for considering the suggestion.

I also just got my first roll developed. While I asked everyone to put down what photo they were in the log book, it still seems like an inefficient way. I'd like the ability to put all the photos online (without having to use a personal server) and have the Geocacher's come identify themselves.

As far as the whole privacy thing goes, I figure if they didn't want people to know who they were, they wouldn't have taken the picture in the first place!

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

Why don't you just post a note to your cache? If someone was really interested in getting their picture, they may be monitoring the cache and would see the note and could then download the pic if you uploaded it to the site. Also, if you post a note and it is on their watch list, they will get a notification.

Goldkey

Posting a note on the cache page would alert anyone who has a watch on the cache or checks back on it.

Still some sort of notification seems like a good idea. Like a "send message to all loggers" button on the your cache page.

There's 3 kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.