Japanese Cahe locations

databit

Recent events, you know the ones, have caused a section of Japan to move east about 13 feet. Since GPS satellites do not change with the shifting surface, that means that many caches will now have different GZ's.

I know there are far more important things to worry about right now, but what kind of project will it be to check coordinates on caches that may or may have not moved, and at 13 feet, is it worth is to worry about?

Recent events, you know the ones, have caused a section of Japan to move east about 13 feet. Since GPS satellites do not change with the shifting surface, that means that many caches will now have different GZ's.

I know there are far more important things to worry about right now, but what kind of project will it be to check coordinates on caches that may or may have not moved, and at 13 feet, is it worth is to worry about?

13 feet is well within most GPSr's margin or error anyway. I would be more worried about the caches glowing in the dark right now.

I would have to agree with shadowmib here more about the possibility of radiation rather the 13 ft marginal movement.

Report from Tokyo Japan.

I checked the cache near from my home.

There is no trouble to find the cache. I think 13feet is GPSr's margin as shadowmib saids.

In Tohoku-area(Miyagi, Iwate, Fukushima .. Pref) the land may be moved more but you "DO NOT CLOSE TO THESE AREA TO PLAY GEOCACHIG" now.

If there are some trouble to find, the cache owner will be maintain their coordinates some day.

There is no time to maintain cache information now.

#####

Some geocacher stars to change cache status to "Temporary Disabled". ex:GCVV41

Edited by matz