* Improved the usability of the main menu setup page

* Increased maximum number of supported JNX files to 250 from 200

* Fixed shutdown when unit had more than the maximum number of JNX files on it

* Fixed shutdown related to topographical maps and land cover text size

* Fixed shutdown associated with certain custom POI files

* Fixed Glide Ratio to Destination field

* Fixed an issue related to adding a geocache as a point in a route

* Problems with the software may be reported to OregonBeta@garmin.com

Installed without any problems. I now get WAAS to occassionally lock on inside my house even though it shows 25' accuracy.

Does anyone see what has been changed pertaining to "Improved the usability of the main menu setup page"?

Anxious to field test.

Edit #1: Problem: I was in my Marine Profile when I updated the software. Now my U.S. Inland Lakes Map, Blue Charts, and my custom vector river maps will not work. The maps are still there because I can Enable/Disable them but when enabled there is no detail to the map at all, just the outline of the map tiles and the data only for the most zoomed out levels. It appears that, that 1 Profile has gotten corrupted during the software installation because the above mentioned maps plus my other maps including my other custom vector maps and my Garmin Custom Maps do work properly in my other Profiles. So far it looks like just the active Profile at the time of the softare installation was afftected.

Edit #2: Deleted the corrupted Marine Profile and recreated it and above mentioned maps all appear correctly now.

Edited by eaparks

After installing the Beta 4.16, my Oregon 300 did power off by itself lots of times, when starting to navigate or going into the waypoint manager.

That has never happend to me with any version before.

Reinstalled the Beta 4.12.

Edited by Torkan

After installing the Beta 4.16, my Oregon 300 did power off by itself lots of times, when starting to navigate or going into the waypoint manager.

Having the same problem. Working with geocaches is fine, but selecting 'Waypoints' causes an immediate shutdown. Message sent to Garmin.

With the 4.16 Beta, for some strange reason, it seems to me that it is never using more than 12 satellites.

The same was the case with 4.11 and 4.12 Beta.

With the latest official software 4.10 for Oregon 200/300/400, the GPS is using up to 14 satellites at the same time.

I have reported this to Garmin.

Having the same problem. Working with geocaches is fine, but selecting 'Waypoints' causes an immediate shutdown. Message sent to Garmin.

Mine does the same when choosing Waypoints. I can choose that once, subsequent try it shuts down. Boot it, choose a waypoint, navigate away and come back to choose another and shuts down. Bug report sent.

PS if everyone asks for a larger pointer on the compass arrow when they send bug reports maybe they will give us one!