About my first cache's

Ean369

Hi there,

I'm just about to put my first cache's out,and I am wondering, should I put a time period on them ?

some people have lots of caches out, which is fine, as long as they have time to look after them.

If we keep putting more and more out, will it soon be shake a tree and see how many fall out (lol)

awaiting your reply and thoughts on this, thanks.

The big bulldog (IAN)

P.S. I'm a newbie to geocaching and sorry if I'm going over old ground. : :D:D

Hi there,

I'm just about to put my first cache's out,and I am wondering, should I put a time period on them ?

some people have lots of caches out, which is fine, as long as they have time to look after them.

If we keep putting more and more out, will it soon be shake a tree and see how many fall out (lol)

The big bulldog (IAN)

They get pulled if they go inactive and not looked after so up to you.

I'm not sure what you mean :huh:

When you place a geocache you should aim for it to have a "life expectancy" of at least 3 months and hopefully a lot longer, see The Guideline on geocache permanence.

But once it's had a good life, be that 6 months, or 6 years, or more, it's up to you to decide how long it should stay in place. Some owners are happy for their caches to be in place for ever and ever, even if they only get found once or twice a year. Other owners take the attitude that once all the locals have found their cache and the number of finders tails off then its life is over - They practise cache euthanasia by archiving it and (the important bit) they remove the container and (may) re-use it for a new cache.

I hope your caches will have a successful and worthwhile life!

MrsB :)

Hi there,

The big bulldog (IAN)

They get pulled if they go inactive and not looked after so up to you.

I'm not sure what you mean :huh:

When you place a geocache you should aim for it to have a "life expectancy" of at least 3 months and hopefully a lot longer, see The Guideline on geocache permanence.

But once it's had a good life, be that 6 months, or 6 years, or more, it's up to you to decide how long it should stay in place. Some owners are happy for their caches to be in place for ever and ever, even if they only get found once or twice a year. Other owners take the attitude that once all the locals have found their cache and the number of finders tails off then its life is over - They practise cache euthanasia by archiving it and (the important bit) they remove the container and (may) re-use it for a new cache.

I hope your caches will have a successful and worthwhile life!

MrsB :)

Thank for you reply and letting me know.

What was it you weren't sure what i meant.

Hi there,

I'm just about to put my first cache's out,and I am wondering, should I put a time period on them ? ...

I was not clear whether you want to state a "time period" in the cache description e.g. "I will archive this cache on <whatever date>" or whether you just wanted opinions on how long you should keep your caches active.

Either way, I hope my answer was helpful! :D

MrsB