COINTEST: Geocoin Interests

anne.and.eli

Another theme I like to collect is events. Especially ones I attend as I like to support the event. Other events I like are coin related so I can enjoy them vicariously. :laughing:

Whoops this was supposed to be Mom's post--LadyBee4T. The only ocin I own is GeoDog for obvious reasons

Edited by GoodGollyMissMolly

Favorite Coin...

For some Reason I was completely taken by the beauty and simplicity of the Davey Jones Locker Coins.

Thanks goodness they stopped coming out with new and better versions before I was Broke.

product1.jpg

This one is my Favorite of all the versions.

If I learned how to spell & Proofread I'd have a lot less edits :rolleyes:

Edited by TeamEccs21

I would like to see more coins minted that are distinctly caching related. Most of the coins minted now I consider to be commercial. pretty but most have little to do with caching. I think that kaelia understands ;)

Of course I did post a commercial coin as one of my favorites.

3) An other favorite coin is... a coin I was gifted... and has my name on it!!! It is a geocaching- all in one 2008 geocoin and has the name GATOULIS on it!!! :D Probably it is one and only with that name.... and it is the only coin with my codename on it.... so far! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Someone mentioned counting the votes for various favourite coins. In that case, count me for Scavok's Tree of Life! Particularly the red on silver error edition...

I know that the details on the background are less visible without enamel, but the red tree on that sharp silver background brings back memories of lovely frosty autumns.

theredtree.jpgkgrhqzlye1gczk7wbnd17zl.jpg

(First image borrowed from Trekearth.)

Edited by mamoreb

Someone mentioned counting the votes for various favourite coins. In that case, count me for Scavok's Tree of Life! Particularly the red on silver error edition...

I know that the details on the background are less visible without enamel, but the red tree on that sharp silver background brings back memories of lovely frosty autumns.

theredtree.jpgkgrhqzlye1gczk7wbnd17zl.jpg

Wow... I havn't seen that one before. Very nice.... I think that Scavok makes these errors on purpose :D They always look so non-errorish.

I love National Park geocoins, especially from places that I have been. One of the first NP coins I got was for Zion. The design depicts one of the craziest hikes I've ever done. Last Summer I went to Zion to hike Angel's Landing. The last little stretch warns you before you begin that several people have died while climbing it. The sad thing was that I wasn't into geocaching until several months after my trip, so, when browsing I discovered that there was an Earth Cache at the top of the landing that I could've got...*sign* Oh well, guess that means I should take the pilgrimage again:)

Wiki Article

Angel's Landing

I couldn't get this particular photo to load, but here's the link:)

Zion Geocoin

WOW! time passed and i forgot to post! :)

I would love to see a coin.... for the geocoin forum!!! :D Yes! why not???A coin about friendship between coiners from other countries! :D

as a design?? well... we can make a global sphere... that actually is rotating... and we can write geocoin forum 2 hands that shaking... as a symbol of friendship, and... the icon of the geocoin... that is showing... when there is no icon yet....

But of course that is just a thought! :D

Love the pics that are getting posted.

Here are a couple more favorites. A Tribute to All Caching Dogs - that looks a lot like one of our caching dogs, Maggie! On the back of Nature Sunburst is a quote from John Muir: In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.

TributeCachingDogs.jpg?t=1300746592NatureSunburst_AS.jpg?t=1300746592

an other favorite coin is a coin I was gifted when my small parot (parakeet)named Frixos died...! He died in my hands... he was ok but suddently he fell down in the cage and he couldn't breat well! I took him out to see what was wrong but he died... I felt so sad! like I was responsible for his death! :( now I have a couple again... the female I had Eli, and the new one has the same colours with frixos..... hmm... I haven't named him yet... a long time passed but.. huh...it is not fair... I have to give him a name! he is a lovely and very clever male parot!

anyway... the coin is the rainbow bridge geocoin... for all our pets that we lost... lovely coin with amazing words on it!

Fluttershy's Teal and Pink geocoins... these might well have been the very first geocoins I bought!!! They are as beautiful today as the day I bought them! I never see anyone even mentioning them these days.

37b4c95a-5f4b-404f-86dc-19aad014e2b9.jpg6f2f9cb4-4d8c-4ad4-b93b-d08666014d2e.jpg

Edited by keewee

here is an idea I would love to see.....

Ok... what is in my mind... is not 100% coins.... but... here is my idea.... (since I do not have the money to make them....... I can post my ideas...)

make a series of coins for a board game! the board can be... from pagamon until chess! Yes... chess, but instead of soldiers, bishops, towers, knights... to have....

soldiers = cachers with GPS

kinghts = biker cachers

towers = ammo cans!

Bishops = hicker with stick...

Queen = Earth as lady

King = Signal!!!! :D

In black and white...

***edit to say..... maybe instead od a biker for the knight...we can put the Travel Bug!!! :)

At the end of the collection, there can be a thick cardboard or wooden... board to play.... the board can be in geocaching coulors... and can be chess in one side and pagamon in the other...

since these can not be real coins but more like trackable tiny statues.... here is an other idea....

Let's create a board game... and the coins will represent the gamers... it will be the caching board game... With ladders, with traps, you are trying to take the FTF in a cache... you will have problems to solve.... you know... a game with a path... and according to what the dice shows when we throw it... we move.. there can also be cards to tell us what to do...

the coins will have a nice geocaching design... like a gps, a cacher, signal.... in different colours...

We can even make the dice trackable!!! :D again... the cardboard or light wooden board.. can be given or sold too...

hmm... this is probably off of what you want for your 3rd question anne... right??

Edited by GATOULIS

This is a great cointest. Interesting ideas and beautiful coins. I wish more people would enter!

Fluttershy makes my heart go pit-a-pat!

I was going to post some more favorites and even took new pics for you all but I had packages from an angel yesterday and have to go with a text answer right now.

Others have said this in various ways but it's so true. A coin can be my favorite purely due to the emotions, memories, or lessons I associate with it. Those are really the most beautiful of all.

I go to the dermatologist annually so she can burn pre-cancerous stuff off of me. Last time she asked about some raw spots on my face. I told her they weren't a problem, just some wounds from crawling around in the bushes. "Why were you crawling around in the bushes?" :laughing:

UnnecessaryBushwhacking.jpg?t=1300831551UnnecessaryBushwhackingback.jpg?t=1300831551