EasyGPS Downloads

Froxx

I'm another noob... so I apologize in advance.

I'm a premium member and up until now have still been downloading Caches individually.

I've used the Pocket Queries.. but still downloaded each one individually.. yes time consuming!

So I spent a couple hours reading the forums and decided to brave EasyGPS to try it out..

Used a small Pocket Query (only 5).. had it sent it to my email, saved the zip file on my computer, and opened the .gpx file in EasyGPS .. Cool! It even showed the hints if I requested them.. very cool.

Next step... send the 5 caches to my GPS, a Garmin etrex Legend HCx.

And it worked!! Cool.....

BUT.. it deleted all my other Caches that were stored there previously. WHAT? :o

Okay.. damage is already done, so I tested another.. and it worked again, but deleted all the caches that came from Pocket Query #1.

What am I doing wrong?

(Also, although I decryped the hints.. I don't know if they just don't show up on my device?)

Bonnie

I'm another noob... so I apologize in advance.

I'm a premium member and up until now have still been downloading Caches individually.

I've used the Pocket Queries.. but still downloaded each one individually.. yes time consuming!

So I spent a couple hours reading the forums and decided to brave EasyGPS to try it out..

Used a small Pocket Query (only 5).. had it sent it to my email, saved the zip file on my computer, and opened the .gpx file in EasyGPS .. Cool! It even showed the hints if I requested them.. very cool.

Next step... send the 5 caches to my GPS, a Garmin etrex Legend HCx.

And it worked!! Cool.....

BUT.. it deleted all my other Caches that were stored there previously. WHAT? :o

Okay.. damage is already done, so I tested another.. and it worked again, but deleted all the caches that came from Pocket Query #1.

What am I doing wrong?

(Also, although I decryped the hints.. I don't know if they just don't show up on my device?)

Bonnie

I don't know much about the GPS you have, but if it is capable of showing the hints I can help you with EasyGPS. Go to the drop down menu and click edit then preferences. If your GPS isn't already showing in the window, with your GPS connected to your PC click on add GPS and it should find it. Once it's showing in the window highlight it and click the geocaching button. In the next window you can set it up for that GPS. As far as loading one gpx file deleting the previous one that doesn't make sense. I load multiple PQs on my 76CSx all of the time. Try setting EasyGPS up first then see what it does when loading multiple PQs. If that doesn't work, someone with more knowledge about that GPS might be able to help you.