Atlantis: The Lost Continent

avroair

As I alluded to in the Dirty Dozen thread, I have been working on an Atlantis coin for the last 4 months.

"In Plato's account, Atlantis was a naval power lying "in front of the Pillars of Hercules" that conquered many parts of Western Europe and Africa 9,000 years before the time of Solon, or approximately 9600 BC. After a failed attempt to invade Athens, Atlantis sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune"." wiki

Here are the early samples:

987ce92e-4804-438e-8db9-5a42d724e714.jpg

8d8386de-c266-44e6-b9b9-6d3f36afd7db.jpg

Edited by Eartha

As I alluded to in the Dirty Dozen thread, I have been working on an Atlantis coin for the last 4 months.

6953ae0e-5241-4856-b717-22b45ed8447e.jpg

"In Plato's account, Atlantis was a naval power lying "in front of the Pillars of Hercules" that conquered many parts of Western Europe and Africa 9,000 years before the time of Solon, or approximately 9600 BC. After a failed attempt to invade Athens, Atlantis sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune"." wiki

Here are the early samples:

987ce92e-4804-438e-8db9-5a42d724e714.jpg

8d8386de-c266-44e6-b9b9-6d3f36afd7db.jpg

Edited by avroair
Back on topic....

When are they due out, and will it be at the usual place?

Where is the "usual" place?

For avroair, his geocoins are often sold by Geoswag, plus avroair usually have quite a few to trade, often a different flavor to the ones on Geoswag.

Edited by keewee

Very Very Nice Geocoin . this is probably the nicest I have seen in a long long time that you have designed.

Thanks, I think. :huh:

Yes, Keewee is correct. They will be available at www.geoswag.com --- probably be ready in May. There will be initially be 3 editions. This is not a club coin, but for general sale. Later in the summer I might do a GCF version. :)

IMO the coin has a 1970's and 80's sci fi look; think Logan's Run, original Battlestar Galactica, etc. This is a compliment by the way :D

Funny. I hadn't thought about it that way. I got the idea from a Koi pond at a Japanese Coffee house. They had raised flagstones around the pond and some Japanese symbols in cement at the bottom of the pond. There were no fish in it, but it looked kinda cool. :)