Number of finds on cache page

Cacheola Crew

I don't know much about computers, so I don't know if this would be possible, but I think it would be interesting if the number of caches found would remain what it was when you found that cache on the individual cache page.

Example: On the first cache you find, your log that shows on the cache's page always remains as (1 found) and so on.

I like looking at the individual cache pages and reading the logs, it would be neat to see which caches were first finds of individuals or finds in their early days of caching.

As it is now, the number of finds updates on all your logs, not just the most recent.

Cacheola Crew

Well, yeah, but what I meant was that if you are just looking at cache pages and browsing all the logs, you would be able to see how many caches each "logger" had at the time of their log.

So you could tell at a glance whether more newbies than experienced cachers had been to that particular cache.

You could see at a glance what point in their "caching career" the logger was at that visit and you could also see how their comments go along with how many caches they had found at that time. (example: Are they super excited with 4 found, are they appreciative of the cache even with 150 found.) Things like that. Just thought it would be interesting.

Janine

Don't hurt me, I'm new

C Crew,

Until very recently, the cache pages were dynamic. That is, each time you viewed them, they were created with the latest information, including up-to-the-minute finds.

Then the cache pages were redesigned to be less load on the server, so this dynamic feature was removed, as well as the number of finds a person has.

There was a big uproar.

Jeremy reimplemented the number of finds; meanwhile a number of people (myself included) suggested that the find number be static, and correlate to the number of finds at the time of finding that particular cache.

Most of the discussion can be found here. It's a feature I'd like to see implemented, but I'm not sure it has been seriously considered, and if it has, I doubt it's very high on the priority list.

Jamie