Sendai Airport.

I believe the forums are the correct place to be doing that, not a cache page. That's a good way to get the cache archived.
I have a hunch that the actual cache is missing anyway, and that the reviewer is being tolerant due to the situation.

That would surprise me since they didn't let it happen during other natural disasters. But maybe you're right.

I believe the forums are the correct place to be doing that, not a cache page. That's a good way to get the cache archived.
I have a hunch that the actual cache is missing anyway, and that the reviewer is being tolerant due to the situation.

That would surprise me since they didn't let it happen during other natural disasters. But maybe you're right.

The entire infrastructure of Japan is a mess right now, not to mention the localized emergencies that abound. Getting online to make sure that any caches which should be disabled/archived and that the pages aren't being used as discussion forums are likely not on anyone's priority list right now when there are hundreds of thousands of people without potable water.

The entire infrastructure of Japan is a mess right now, not to mention the localized emergencies that abound. Getting online to make sure that any caches which should be disabled/archived and that the pages aren't being used as discussion forums are likely not on anyone's priority list right now when there are hundreds of thousands of people without potable water.

Personally I don't care if the cache page is used as a forum. I'm only saying that in the past, even just days after a major catastrophe, cache pages have been shut down for such activity. If they're not concerned about the possible future of the cache page then neither am I.

If me pointing out a few facts makes it sound like I'm being the cache page police then you're certainly taking me the wrong way. I was merely trying to be helpful.

Carry on.

Personally I don't care if the cache page is used as a forum. I'm only saying that in the past, even just days after a major catastrophe, cache pages have been shut down for such activity. If they're not concerned about the possible future of the cache page then neither am I.

If me pointing out a few facts makes it sound like I'm being the cache page police then you're certainly taking me the wrong way. I was merely trying to be helpful.

Carry on.

Since one of the posted notes was from a Groundspeak co-founder, seems like it was an OK use of the cache page, at least for a while. Maybe it was just getting out of hand, but those notes go right to the CO and a forum discussion won't so, good that the sentiments were expressed to him. I just hope and pray that he and his family survived this horrific event.

Carry on.

Since one of the posted notes was from a Groundspeak co-founder, seems like it was an OK use of the cache page, at least for a while. Maybe it was just getting out of hand, but those notes go right to the CO and a forum discussion won't so, good that the sentiments were expressed to him. I just hope and pray that he and his family survived this horrific event.

There is always the email player link to accomplish the same thing without cache page clutter.....

I'm guessing that it will be years before either this cache, or another one, is put back in play anyhow. The only concern I see is one that has already been mentioned, and that is the one of the email going into the cache owner's mailbox when there may be much more urgent mail trying to get his attention... assuming, of course, that the cache owner is even still alive, which we all pray for. To me, that cache page is a memorial right now, and I find it to be an impressive outpouring of heartfelt compassion. Seeing it here in the forum would not have the same effect.

I'm with Knowshad.

Only thing I would add is: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

I believe the circumstances warrant the exception to policy this time. I hope these logs are allowed to continue as they help people grieve and cope with the tragedy.

It appears that GS is aware of the notes and letting them be. Reason I say this is because even though the CO has not logged on since March 10th (either 1 day before the disaster, or on the same day - Japan is 17 hours ahead of PST), a NM entry by a bogus account that either tries to be funny or was meant to be trollish was deleted.