GC.com seems very slow

Al 7365

Same here, super slow, some of us pay to have an upgraded account and this is what we get? It seems like every Sunday it's like this and it's due to people logging all there finds. I think it's time for GS to get better servers. It's just unfair to us who pay to use the website.

Good evening!

Ah the usual Sunday slowdown.

Everyone in the UK and Europe is logging finds and the Americans are waking up and running PQs.

Doesn't look like the "usual" slowdown. Today it's really *extremely* slow as it was never before during the last weeks and months.

Usually we update our personal GCStatistic in the profile and sometimes there are some seconds of delay but only seconds. Today there are minutes!

Hopefully GS will optimize their systems to avoid this problem in the future! We are - like many others - paying customers. Just renewed our premium membership and now this :mad:

Thanks for solving the problems soon!

Anke&Didi

Good evening!

Ah the usual Sunday slowdown.

Everyone in the UK and Europe is logging finds and the Americans are waking up and running PQs.

Doesn't look like the "usual" slowdown. Today it's really *extremely* slow as it was never before during the last weeks and months.

Anke&Didi

agreed, today is definitely 'different'.

The site definitely grinds to a halt on Sunday afternoon/evening. Can only get worse as summer approaches. Must be even more annoying for US cachers if they get the same slowdown on their Sunday morning, wanting to get out caching but having to wait ages for the site to run their PQ or whatever.

Due to the slowness, I now write all my cache logs in Word, so at least I can get them done while I still remember details about the day! Then when the site has sped up (sometimes the day after), I can very quickly copy & paste the entries into the cache logs.

Yes, it IS slower than usual, but the "oldies" among us will remember Wobbly Wednesdays" and "Slow Sundays" all too well.

In those days you were lucky to be able to log on, at least I HAVE been able to log my caches, it just took forever!!

Oh yes, we remember those days sooooo well. (oops just admitted to being an oldie)

Ha ha....

I do remember when you would write a cache log, submit it and then the site would timeout so you had to rewrite it all over again, at least it is not that bad, but last night was certainly the slowest that I have seen it for a couple of years.

Whilst GC is the slowest I have ever seen it, some other US based sites are also slower than usual, so the above post makes sense.

Also, in the UK, I would say that there are more people online than our antiquated telecoms system can cope with, which means reduced bandwidth for everybody.

I have never seen it this bad. I wonder if its all the smart phones using up bandwidth. I thing GC.Com needs to do something!!!- Zoomer

I've had a string of 503's all night. Occasionally get a cache page to load but the maps seem to be "shot"

I guess someone kicked a plug somewhere in Seattle.

Non of my PQs have turned up today. Makes me wonder why I bothered renewing :mad:

I created new ones... that have run... but others that I set up yesterday to run today only haven't. It sucks as in theory they should have run just after midnight UK time, so that I could download them an be out just after breakfast! As it happens I was busy today with real life stuff!

Posted 5 hours ago by Jeremy on facebook

We ordered more hamsters for Geocaching.com http://yfrog.com/h46m04j (also database upgrade in early May)

and 15 minutes ago

We made some last minute performance improvements for Pocket Queries to hold us over until we can get the new database server (and add other bigger performance improvements). We hope this will help us get through the Easter rush.

Also you'll notice that the default map link goes to the beta maps. This is intentional since the older maps are pretty aggressively hitting the database, while the new maps don't.

So it looks like they are doing some small changes just now but a larger upgrade early next month?