Your chosen cache-mobile

We have a Renault Master minibus conversion for moving from cache to cache. It's admittedly a bit big for some of the smaller country roads we go down but it allows us to go away for caching weekends and sleepover in the back. I bought it from the bus company I work for and removed most of the seats. I sectioned off a sleeping cabin and installed beds. The middle bit serves as a canteen while on the trail and doubles as a fine geocaching bureau on an evening. I guess it's a cross between a crew-cab van & campervan. We also have a smaller 7 seater van for day caching.

Just wondering what you folk use?

For most of my geocaching lifetime it was a Honda CRV. Found it to be the perfect geocaching vehicle. Though not a full blown off road vehicle, it could take me safely to trailheads down heavily rutted and eroded dirt roads with ease and get me down unplowed roads in the winter.

Alas I had to sell it 3 weeks ago and am driving a Subaru Outback. Automatic trans, yuk. I've been driving for 37 years and have only owned 1 car with an automatic, and that was only for 6 months.

Edited by briansnat

I have a 2010 Ford Edge. Its perfect for caching since it AWD and can handle snow and some off road activity (nothing too crazy, that is). It has an on board GPS with a weather radar inbedded on the GPS map which is quite handy. The on board GPS map also has a traffic patterns indicated on it as well. Pefect for determining the fastest route on an FTF run. With it sitting off the ground a bit, it makes a perfect muggle shield when making those PNG's in high muggle areas.