my first cache

FDteddies

Good luck to you!

Many will say to wait a while before hiding your first, so as to better inform yourself to the finer points of hiding a cache. When one hasn't found very many, it is easy to miss something of the guidelines, and jet it delayed till you fix something for the reviewer. That gets very frustrating for the first-time hider. The reviewers are there to help,and to keep the community running smoothly, but I remember my first hide "rejection" very well! It is really easy to take that personally, but please don't! There are good reasons for anything like that, and any reviewer I have come across is more than willing to help you over the rough spots!

I've seem some very poor hides by ones that have hidden too soon, but I've seen some excellent ones too, so they certainly didn't hide too soon! I've also seen some very poor hides by experienced cachers too, so it really comes down yo your understanding of the guidelines, and the "spirit" of geocaching.

Go for it, and happy caching!

i have been given permission for my first cache will put out at the weekend

Good.

It's a good idea to add the information of who has given the permission in the "Note to Reviewer" on the cache submission form. It all helps.

(The "Notes to Reviewer" will not be visible when your cache is finally published so you can add any useful details there that the reviewer might need to know.)

MrsB