Our Next GPSr - Opinions and Advice

Heya all. We've been caching for a bit over a year now, and are still just as hooked. Just about to hit 500 caches, and pondering my 3rd GPSr purchase. As the topic states, I'd like your opinions and advice.

We started with a DeLorme PN-30, and liked it....until we got to know it. The honeymoon ended quickly. I know people love them, but I am not one of them. We upgraded to an Oregon 200 that we got new for about $200. We are about 90% happy with it, all in all. The only things we don't like are that fact that it doesn't have a compass, and sometimes the signal isn't as strong as we'd like. But, these can't really be blamed on the GPSr, as it's the way the thing is made. So, now we're looking for the next one. We fully intend to keep the 200, as, like I said, we're happy with it, all in all. So, what I'm wondering is: should I save the extra money for a 62, or will a 60CSX give me what the 200 lacks? I know the 60CSX is a solid unit that almost nobody has complained about....ever. Since we already have an excellent paperless unit that does Wherigo, is it worth the extra money for the 62, and if so, why? Also, since I can't remember, what do all the letters that go with the numbers on a Garmin indicate? (I remember most of them, I think.) Or, is there another unit that you fine folks would recommend? I'm also considering purchasing a Nuvi of some sort, and have a LT-40 (DeLorme got it right on this one, imo....) that we use for extended caching trips. But, primarily, I'm wondering about the handhelds.

The membership of this community has been awesome for advice so far. Thanks, in advance, for any advice you guys can give this time.

Later!

I'm really surprised there are no replies to this yet.

O really don't know anything about the Delorme's but I've used the 60CSx, Oregon 400t, 550t and now the 62s. For geocaching, my all time favorite was the 60CSx over the Oregon's but the Oregon's have the paperless feature. But.. IMHO, the Oregon's menu navigation and touchscreen sucked. I used the 550t for a full year before I was so angry that i punched it! The same day I upgraded (YES upgraded) to the 62S and with one very minor exception, it's the best GPS (again IMHO) for geocaching Garmin ever made. Now if only they could add the ability to see the cache names on the map without needing to hover with the cursor I would be a very, very happy cacher.

Hello,

I have bought the Magellan Explorist GC. Oh years back I bought a Garmin GPS Plus II this was in 1996. I have been using the both of them but the Magellan is on the spot the Garmin is off. I would like to up grade because the Magellan will not let me plug in way points where the Garmin does. I like both features up load and plug in the way points. What is the suggestions out there???

Thanks

Jerry B