Profile not updating on actual forum

shadowmib

Ok this isn't my first forum so I generally know my way around settings.

Something is wrong.

I have changed my avatar, my signature, and my user title. When I go to my account settings, it shows the new info. When I post... Same as it was when I first set up my account.

Do these changes need moderator approval or something?

Edited by shadowmib

Ok this isn't my first forum so I generally know my way around settings.

Something is wrong.

I have changed my avatar, my signature, and my user title. When I go to my account settings, it shows the new info. When I post... Same as it was when I first set up my account.

Do these changes need moderator approval or something?

Try logging out of, then back into, the forums.

Like the OP I've made changes as well and even with logging out and then in they don't take affect. :(

SO..... I've given up making changes here. The hassle isn't worth it. :unsure:

EDIT: OH SURE!!! NOW they show up So maybe it is the fact that you can't see the changes immediately. :unsure:

Edited by ngrrfan

Like the OP I've made changes as well and even with logging out and then in they don't take affect. :(

EDIT: OH SURE!!! NOW they show up So maybe it is the fact that you can't see the changes immediately. :unsure:

I think it can take a while for the forum server to catch up with the main site server. I guess it gets updates every x minutes (or hours) and it depends when in its cycle you make your changes how long you have to wait for them to take effect on the forum server.

It always seems to get there in the end though :)

I think it can take a while for the forum server to catch up with the main site server. I guess it gets updates every x minutes (or hours) and it depends when in its cycle you make your changes how long you have to wait for them to take effect on the forum server.

I'd hadn't updated for a few days. That's why I asked.

I'd hadn't updated for a few days. That's why I asked.

I had trouble too.

I was never sure what I finally did correctly (or stopped doing incorrectly), but it finally worked.

I went as far as deleting geocaching.com from my favorites pages, bookmarks, etc.

Maybe it as a previous poster said, there is a cycle or update that the website does.