Annoying bug on disscusion forums.

jollybgood

Maybe this problem is unique to users using Macs and/or AOL. But I find this problem is affecting me now matter which machine I use (2 macs at home 2 at the office).

WHen every i change pages on the Discussion Forum I get an error message saying "The file infopop/blank/gif cannot be found" It's not fatal. But it requires constant clicking of the "OK" button to get it to dissapear.

Anyone else experiencing this? I search the forum for other posts on this topic but didn't see any.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

Ok, this is totally off topic (I've never experienced the problem of the topic, I use Window 2000 and Internet Explorer 6.01), but I was JUST reading the on-line Knights of the Dinner Table (KODT) comics at the thread owner's website, kenzerco.com. What are the odds that I'd find a post by Jolly Blackburn, the creator of Knights of the Dinner Table, especially since I don't visit the forums too often?

Also, I have to say, the only reason I'm into geocaching is because of the editorial Jolly gave in one of his comics last summer which talked about his new experiences with the sport! I showed it to my wife, and now we've got 130 finds (which, of course, is low compared to many, but we're starting to make up speed now that the weather is great).

Thanks, Jolly, for the wonderful comic and for the tip into the one sport that gets us outside and finding new things more than anything else ever has!

back on topic

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

I get an error message saying "The file infopop/blank/gif cannot be found" It's not fatal. But it requires constant clicking of the "OK" button to get it to dissapear.

Yes, I (Mac OS X, Internet Explorer, not AOL) was experiencing this. Note the was. I don't see it now. I did nothing on purpose to get rid of it - in fact, I had forgotten about it until I saw this post. I do know that I cleared all my gc.com cookies recently - perhaps that did the trick? Try it and see.

-- I recognize fun when I see it.