Japan Geocoin Auctions for Earthquake Relief

Jackalgirl

I have an auction up for a trackable/unactivated geocoin. Half the proceeds will go to NZ earthquake relief and the other to Japan earthquake relief. The auction is for a one-of-a-kind geocoin. Thank you in advance for any support you can give.

tsun

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280646437190&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

bump

Just wanted to say... Holy Schnikies.... that auction still has several days left and the price is already WAY up there! That is amazing... you guys are awesome.

Just a quick note: I was able to get out to the post office today and I have sent off all of the coins for this auction. Also, I received a packet of wonderful coins from Avroair (yay!); after I get done with work, I'll be getting them set up for auction and will post more here. Hint: if you like ravens or turtles, you might like some of what he sent (thank you so much!!). : )

Just a quick note: I was able to get out to the post office today and I have sent off all of the coins for this auction. Also, I received a packet of wonderful coins from Avroair (yay!); after I get done with work, I'll be getting them set up for auction and will post more here. Hint: if you like ravens or turtles, you might like some of what he sent (thank you so much!!). : )

OMG - there is hope!!! :D

All of my auctions were paid for and mailed off. The total was a little less than $300 and I bumped it up to $325. Thanks everyone who bid!

Japan-Red-Cross.jpg

Great job Mauison!! Also, congrats to everyone who has donated and to the bidder's that contributed on all these fantastic coins. This community has really stepped-up for both New Zealand and Japan in this time of crisis and this has shown me that passion for our fellow man isn't dead...I'm so proud to be a member of this great community.

I think about to offer 1 (or 2) more Naymlaps to 2nd (and 3rd) placed bidders..

Of course this money would be for charity too!

Probably amount of 2nd placed bidder for NZ earthquake relief and 3rd placed bidders amount for another charity organization.

What do you think?

I have an auction up for a trackable/unactivated geocoin. Half the proceeds will go to NZ earthquake relief and the other to Japan earthquake relief. The auction is for a one-of-a-kind geocoin. Thank you in advance for any support you can give.

tsun

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280646437190&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

bump

Just wanted to say... Holy Schnikies.... that auction still has several days left and the price is already WAY up there! That is amazing... you guys are awesome.

Only about 36 hours left on this one...Get it while you can. It's way out of my league.

tsun

bump

Only about 36 hours left on this one...Get it while you can. It's way out of my league.

About a half hour left on this little guy :) Thanks to everyone who placed a bid to help this little one get to where he is today! tsun

What about this link Tim? Before you click on it please put down all drinks and stand away from sharp objects! :D

I have a Jedi Training Event in May, the caching game with the event, you use the event geocoin to navigate to seven different planets in the Star Wars galaxy to meet up with 7 recognizable trainers (tags seen below). You put the tag in the middle of the geocoin and using the force (and coordinates) you get to the next stage. The final stage leads you to a trench run at the Death Star... anyways.

My point, the sample (with all 8 tags) is available here on ebay to raise money for Tsunami victims: Auction link

Coin Front:

2f02cd0a-5402-4a16-aa63-bed5060bf686.jpg

Back with Boba Fett modeling the tag holder:

8fbc13cf-4d66-40dd-bab2-8dd93258562a.jpg

The Trainer Tags:

08676d6d-a0c4-4078-9d8e-21419bd9a76c.jpg

Once again the charity auction: Auction link

Edited by avroair

It's taken me a couple of days to get the photos (which are still terrible for all that, my apologies), but I did get some of the coins that Avroair sent to me up on eBay (thank you so much!):

Sea of Treasures Geocoin

9-9-9 Mega-Event Geocoin (South Carolina edition)

2009 Compass Rose - Polished Gold/Polished Nickel Two-Tone regular edition

I teased a bit by saying that there would be ravens, and there will be; I'm just waiting to get some confirmation about editions before I actually put them up. So more on that later.

Also, when I went to the mailbox yesterday and, much to my surprise, I found an envelope with a very, very special coin inside and instructions that I should put it up for auction as an Easter present for the Red Cross' efforts in Japan. I can't post the link to this eBay auction because the coin is non-trackable, but if you look at my other auctions and then look at my other listings, you should find it. Kind of like looking in the grass for an Easter egg, no? THANK YOU EASTER COIN BUNNY!

As always, I'll be paying any and all associated fees so that 100% of your bid goes to the American Red Cross' Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami fund. Thank you for looking!

tsun

bump

I would like to give a very warm thank you to several people in regards to this auction. The winners are from Oregon (I'll let them post their names if they want to but I did keep the listing private). The total was $360 which $180 of that will go to the Red Cross for Japan (per Jackgairl's advise - thank you!). I haven't heard back from keewee yet so the other $180 will probably end up going to the Red Cross for New Zealand (if he doesn't have any better ideas). Much gratitude to my Oregon bidders, your generosity is much appreciated. Many hugs to you!

I matched $150, $75 to each country to help animal rescues which is obviously something close to my heart and works towards the Bucket List Project I started in 2008. Jackagirl was kind enough to give me some links for some research for that donation for Japan. (Keewee, please help me out for New Zealand :D)

Then there was WRITE SHOP ROBERT who was a contender for the ET 2007 coin for quite awhile but was outbid. He kindly asked to donate $150 towards to the community pot :) So another $75 towards Japan and $75 for New Zealand. You are a very kind man Robert, many hugs to you for your generosity!

So total is another $660 towards the relief efforts.

Thanks you so much! It's been great to watch so many people help out in anyway they can. You know, even if you bid on a coin and are outbid because it goes beyond your financial ability, in my book that still means alot and is always appreciated :)

tsun

joining in:

Four (4) coins going up - separate auctions - to benefit Tsunami Relief Efforts (1/2 going to Japan efforts, 1/2 going to New Zealand relief efforts)

1. Figure Eight XXLE 2 Silver on Steel (15 minted)

2. Venetian Masquerade Germany II GC color

3. SpaceGate AG

4. Haec Libertatis Ergo BN / AG XLE (20 minted)

> bid high

> bid often

I will pay all fees and offer free shipping to continental USA

7e933ef3-11a9-4018-bfcf-a1279ffa9033.jpg

e1f769b6-6155-4b92-bec3-c93cd176b5bd.jpg

4d519af7-afd5-422e-bb5c-a5d27dea8bc5.jpg

30205b8d-1a10-4e9c-9bcf-435cc472c5d3.jpg

Edited by Pastor_B

Hi, YY, and thank you -- wow, wonderful! : ) It's like waiting for Christmas. : ) All is very well here -- as well as things can be. There are wonderful stories of cooperation, civility and hope from up north, though the situation is still terribly grim. The death toll stands to top 28K. Whole towns were wiped off the map -- entire families obliterated. The worst we fare in the Tokyo area is the occasional rolling blackout (which may well make things uncomfortable when summer comes, because the summer in this area is usually brutal). But it's unbelievably minor compared to the struggles and suffering those who survived are facing in parts north.

Per NHK World, the American Red Cross has raised some $120 million, about $60 of which has been sent to Japan so far. So all you wonderful folks who are posting coins here, buying coins here, or simply bidding on coins, have a small (but still very vital) part in all of that. THANK YOU, and please keep looking & bidding. There are several really nice (and very rare) coins on the block right now that would make handsome additions to any collection. Once again, THANK YOU!

Hi Kat,

my Year Of the Rabbit and Netsuke coins arrived yesterday and I really love them though they will always remind me on that unlimited tragedy. It was really a strange feeling to get a package from a location so close to that huge disaster. I think I will even keep that envelope close to the coins because somehow they belong together.

Dear Kat, thank you very much for this great auction. I hope everything is ok on your side! We pray for the Japanese people everyday!

Thomas

Hi everyone.

While this is not an auction, 50 cents of every coin sold in the Transit Series - LA will go to the Japanese earthquake relief effort. They are currently being sold exclusively at www.geocoinstore.com and I have had the store update each coin page with the notice.

Like I said it's not an auction so you can get them for the low price of 6.49 each plus shipping.

Bronze%20MTA.jpg

Edited by sp1tf1re

I have put up on ebay one of each sample version of the Alchemist's Magnus Opus. I will not be reminting these samples. All the proceeds will goto a Tsunami Victims Charity.

Auction is: Ebay Auction

Here are what they look like:

15414e1f-4df2-4850-857e-b299c6cd3e04.jpg

One more day left on this one. The auction is for two samples (not just one)

Edited by avroair

joining in:

Four (4) coins going up - separate auctions - to benefit Tsunami Relief Efforts (1/2 going to Japan efforts, 1/2 going to New Zealand relief efforts)

1. Figure Eight XXLE 2 Silver on Steel (15 minted)

2. Venetian Masquerade Germany II GC color

3. SpaceGate AG

4. Haec Libertatis Ergo BN / AG XLE (20 minted)

> bid high

> bid often

BUMP BIDS BY MY WIFE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will pay all fees and offer free shipping to continental USA

------------------------------------------

thanks for all those who bid - your generosity is appreciated!!!

Coins ship tomorrow...

Edited by Pastor_B

...and SOLD to the four wonderful people who ended up bidding on top (but many thanks to all those who placed a bid, winner or no). The four coins raised a grand total of $90.01.

I discovered that the Japanese Red Cross now has a Paypal option for donations. So I changed the originally stated plan: instead of donating the "take" to the American Red Cross, I donated it to the Japanese Red Cross Society. If any of the buyers is unhappy with that, please let me know (I'll be emailing you separately to make sure you get the word) and I'll refund your money. In the meantime, I rounded up the "take" to $91 and donated it:

2011.04.04-JRC-Email-Thankyou.gif

Meanwhile, I'm in the process of packing up the coins. THANK YOU BUNCHES! : ) : ) : )

$115.29 raised in my auctions; thank you so much for your generosity and heart for the people of Japan and New Zealand. I am ronding up the contributions to $150.00 - so $75 to each :D :D :D :D :D

Coins ship tomorrow with a special surprise for jackalgirl...

That's awesome! Great Job!

The Star Wars and Alchemist samples brought in about $450 --- I gave the high bidders the option to donate directly. Coins were mailed out to them today!

"A check was dropped off to the local chapter of the American Red Cross for 300.00 in person by the winner of the star wars coins. It was verified that this will go directly to the Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief fund."

By directly registering with the Red Cross, the donater can specify exactly what the funds should be used for. :D

"Your gift to the American Red Cross will support our disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. On those rare occasions when donations exceed American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters."

Once again, a huge thanks to the winners and all those who bid! :D

Finally got off my watch rotation and got this taken care of. I was the lucky winner of the auctions for the Scottish coin and an Alchemist (but missed out on the Jedi coins -- darn you, victorious buyer!) and donated $150 to the Japanese Red Cross Society:

2011.04.10-JRC-ThankYou.gif

I rounded it all up. : ) THANK YOU Avroair for running these auctions!

Finally got off my watch rotation and got this taken care of. I was the lucky winner of the auctions for the Scottish coin and an Alchemist (but missed out on the Jedi coins -- darn you, victorious buyer!) and donated $150 to the Japanese Red Cross Society:

2011.04.10-JRC-ThankYou.gif

I rounded it all up. : ) THANK YOU Avroair for running these auctions!

Ooops! I fat-fingered the total for the auctions: it was $105 (one hundred five), as the receipt says, not $150, as I erroneously wrote in the text. Scificollector shot me a note about it -- thank you very much! It would have been very bad if it had been the other way around (fat-fingered the actual donation)!

New coins up for auction

Thanks once again to the generosity of Avroair, I'm able to put these two coins up for bid:

Geowoodstock 2010 - Volunteer Edition - only 200 made

$(KGrHqR,!lYE2EJY,Y-bBNo70TlMKg~~_12.JPG

Link to auction

Geowoodstock 2010 - Artist's Edition - only 50 made

$(KGrHqV,!hcE2iDYjWpzBNo7+k1eHw~~_12.JPG

Link to auction

I'd incorrectly identified the birds on the front of this coin as ravens in previous "teaser" posts -- they are actually Eagles done in First Nations style on the front and a rather more conventional European style on the back. The pictures sort of show how neat the effect of the Seattle skyline is under the translucent blue enamel, but it's even more spectacular in white light. Only 200 of the volunteer editions were made and they weren't made available to the general public. And the artist's edition is even more rare at only 50 made.

I will be donating 100% of the winning bids for these coins to the Japanese Red Cross Society. Shipping is totally free worldwide and I'll also be picking up the eBay / PayPal fees that'll be generated through the auction/auction payment system.

Thank you for looking, and for supporting relief efforts in Japan!