Japan Geocoin Auctions for Earthquake Relief

Jackalgirl

Only about six hours to go on these auctions:

V (Volunteer) Edition!

AE!

Looks like someone's set to get these beauties at very reasonable prices -- from a buyer point of view, this is good, but from a Japan-support point of view, it's terrible! I want these prices to be as UNreasonable as possible. ; ) Can you help out? Thanks for your support!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Okay, four new auctions! These are for the Artist's Edition of the Egyptian Key geocoin:

Egyptian-Key_AE.jpg

And the links are:

Auction #1 - Egyptian Key AE

Auction #2 - Egyptian Key AE

Auction #3 - Egyptian Key AE

Auction #4 - Egyptian Key AE

I'll be donating 100% of the winning bids to the Japan Red Cross Society and will pick up all associated fees, including shipping. As always, bidding wars are greatly appreciated! : ) But seriously, I really do appreciate all of the support (and bids) that auctions for Japan have gotten in here. Thank you so much!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Okay, four new auctions! These are for the Artist's Edition of the Egyptian Key geocoin:

Egyptian-Key_AE.jpg

And the links are:

I'll be donating 100% of the winning bids to the Japan Red Cross Society and will pick up all associated fees, including shipping. As always, bidding wars are greatly appreciated! : ) But seriously, I really do appreciate all of the support (and bids) that auctions for Japan have gotten in here. Thank you so much!

I bumped up a couple of them. :)

Egyptian-Key_AE.jpg

And the links are:

a couple of bump bids

:D :D :D

So my apologies are in order, but as a non-Mac usere (but wanting to buy an iPad) I have no idea how to take a pic of the page and post it here

As a result, I am posting a text only "receipt"

Thank You!

Dear Bryan,

The American Red Cross is acting swiftly to put your donation to work in communities affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. We are supporting relief work to meet critical needs. On behalf of those we serve by our humanitarian mission, thank you.

As one of 186 Red Cross and Red Crescent societies around the world, we belong to a global humanitarian network of 13 million volunteers uniquely positioned to save lives and provide assistance to those affected by emergencies, such as the earthquake and tsunami in countries across the Pacific.

We’re grateful to have your support. To learn more about your gift at work, please visit redcross.org. On those rare occasions when donations exceed our American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters. Once again, thank you for your generous gift.

Sincerely,

The American Red CrossTax-deductible Amount: $150.00

This organization's tax ID is: 53-0196605; ----- Tracking Code: 1555-8047-1-4808286-5319446

www.geocoinstore.com still has coins available that are providing proceeds to Tsunami relief.

<sorry, indirect link removed by moderator - please use a direct link> $9.95 and $1.00 goes to relief. Currently on back order but they are minting more.

<sorry, indirect link removed by moderator - please use a direct link> in the bargain bin at $6.49 and $.50 go to relief. These are in stock and ready to ship.

Edited by Eartha
indirect link used to storefront, please use direct link to trackable item offered

Whew! I've been busy, but I wanted to catch up here:

First, the auctions netted a total of $119.23, which I rounded up to $120 for the JRC:

2011.04.28-JRC-Email-Thankyou.gif

I've also mailed all of the coins out already. When I get unsuperslammed (don't know when that'll be) I'll update eBay statuses to reflect that they've been shipped, but you saw it here first! : )

Thanks again to everyone who bid!

Ahoy, mateys!

Thanks to the incredible generosity o' me crew o' this year <wipes away a tear, those dear dear scallywags o' mine>, I'm happy to announce that I'm putting up a bag o' loot for auction. The auction is good for 7 days and ends on June 5th at 11:33 GMT.

Feast yer eyes:

Combined_Pirate_Bag02.jpg

The Japan/New Zealand Bag o' Loot

This attractive, completely hand-made pirate's pouch contains 14 gorgeous pieces of filthy, filthy lucre to satisfy your corsair's heart. All coins are unactivated and fully trackable on geocaching.com and also feature the 2011 Doubloon project's unique icons. I'm starting the bidding at USD $84.00, which may seem high, but it comes out to $6 per coin. The individual coins are 1" in diameter and are customized in small lots: none of the editions in this treasure bag has more than 30 coins (out of a total order of 1129 coins), so each one is an XLE. Each coin comes with two inserts for the winner's convenience: a "do not trade, activated geocoin" card, and an "unactivated, trade up!" card.

I pay all shipping costs and 100% of your winning bid will be split right down the middle, each half being donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society and the New Zealand Red Cross for relief efforts in the wakes of their respective huge earthquakes from earlier in the year (and even though the news related to relief efforts has been dwarfed by other news, there's still a considerable amount of work to be done: in Japan alone, somewhat shy of 10,000 people are still missing).

So please take a look at this auction and place a bid, if ye dare!

Ahoy, mateys!

Thanks to the incredible generosity o' me crew o' this year <wipes away a tear, those dear dear scallywags o' mine>, I'm happy to announce that I'm putting up a bag o' loot for auction. The auction is good for 7 days and ends on June 5th at 11:33 GMT.

Feast yer eyes:

Combined_Pirate_Bag02.jpg

The Japan/New Zealand Bag o' Loot

This attractive, completely hand-made pirate's pouch contains 14 gorgeous pieces of filthy, filthy lucre to satisfy your corsair's heart. All coins are unactivated and fully trackable on geocaching.com and also feature the 2011 Doubloon project's unique icons. I'm starting the bidding at USD $84.00, which may seem high, but it comes out to $6 per coin. The individual coins are 1" in diameter and are customized in small lots: none of the editions in this treasure bag has more than 30 coins (out of a total order of 1129 coins), so each one is an XLE. Each coin comes with two inserts for the winner's convenience: a "do not trade, activated geocoin" card, and an "unactivated, trade up!" card.

I pay all shipping costs and 100% of your winning bid will be split right down the middle, each half being donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society and the New Zealand Red Cross for relief efforts in the wakes of their respective huge earthquakes from earlier in the year (and even though the news related to relief efforts has been dwarfed by other news, there's still a considerable amount of work to be done: in Japan alone, somewhat shy of 10,000 people are still missing).

So please take a look at this auction and place a bid, if ye dare!

This needed a little BUMP.

A little over a day left on these pretty Mini-Doubloons! Go check them out and bid for a good cause :)

For some more pictures please go here.

New Geocoin Auction

Courtesy of the incomparable RCSAENSD, I have a whole raft of awesome coins to auction off for the benefit of the Japanese Red Cross Society. First up:

ROT 13 Dragon Spinner - Antique Gold with Transparent Soft Enamel and Blue & Green Gems

DragonSpinner_AG8Green_2sides.jpg

This is a classic ROT 13 Dragon Spinner (read more about it here). It measures 2 inches at its widest and is a multipart coin with a spinning top, as well as 3D sculpting and recessed detail under translucent soft enamel. It's a highly sought-after coin for collectors and features a custom icon at geocaching.com. This coin is trackable and unactivated.

A full 100% of the winning bid goes to the Japanese Red Cross Society to help with continuing relief efforts in the wake of March 11's devastating Tohoku earthquake. Please take a look and place a bid to get this awesome coin into your collection. Bidding wars appreciated! : ) But even if you just take a look, your support is really appreciated!

Here are two more auctions, courtesy of RCSAENSD! Check it out:

Inuksuk Geocoin

InuksukGeocoin_2parts.jpg

If you're interested, you can read more about the Inuksuk Geocoin project, then head on over and take a look at the auction.

Crake Malachite Butterfly Geocoin

MalachiteButterfly_Front.jpg

One Christopher Rake's clean & classic butterfly design from 2008. It would be an excellent addition to any collection and it's a must-have for butterfly aficionados.

As ever, thanks for looking and thanks for your support!

Howdy, Geocoinfucius!

Thank you kindly, and thank you even more for your offer regarding relief for Japan. Anyone can post an auction, so if you've got a coin to spare, please don't hesitate to set it up for auction at your favorite site and post it here. The thread's for everyone. Once again, thanks -- arigatou gozaimasu!

A lot of people were away for the weekend so the forums have been quiet. Some bidders' wallets might still be recovering from Geowoodstock 9 as well. :rolleyes: Anyone thinking about it, it is very easy to register to the site with your caching name as your username to bid on there - and postage is free! I put in bids on these beautiful coins to add to the fun, but rest assured I won't be bidding further. Go for it if you want them! :)

Hello, all!

This is a bit late, but congrats to Eseurat who got the Inuksuk for a great deal AND helped to support the Japanese Red Cross Society all at one go! Sadly, there were no bids on the Malachite Butterfly or ROT13 Dragon Spinner, so I've relisted them. If you're interested, please take a look:

ROT13 Dragon Spinner

Crake Malachite

Thanks!

Just a tad over one day left on these two auctions. This is your chance to get some very nice, hard-to-get coins at a very reasonable price and support the relief & recovery efforts in Japan at the same time. Don't let these coins get away!

Thanks to Fianccetto and to everyone else who's looked and bid!

Hello, everyone --

I'm coming back from my disappearance for something important: continuing auctions for Japan Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear Crisis relief. Thanks to Marshall, who generously donated the coins and money to cover shipping, I have some more incredible coins to offer. A full 100% of the winning bid will go to the Japan Red Cross Society for support of the hundreds of thousands of people who are still displaced after the disaster earlier this year, and who are still suffering after having lost everything. And by "everything" I don't just mean personal belongings or homes: whole families were washed to sea by tsunami waves that, in some places, were well over 100 feet high.

So, without further ado, let me present to you:

thumb-Brahaen_AntiqueSilver_Front.jpgthumb-ElementsCompass_Sun_GoldTrans16_Back.jpgthumb-Liberty_PocketPup_No20.jpg

Brahean Geocoin - Antique Silver

Elements Geocoin - Sun

Pocket Pup - Liberty (#20 of 125) Geocoin

Again, shipping & handling are already covered. These bids will last a week, but don't let that prevent you from punching in a nice, high bid, 'cause it's for a good cause. Thank you for looking!

Less than 18 hours to go on these three auctions. Don't miss your chance to own one of these awesome coins and to help ongoing relief efforts!

Once again, shipping is totally free thanks to Marshall's generosity, there are no auction fees, and I'll ship anywhere in the world!

Just a quick note (yet again, I'm behind, ugh) --

There weren't any bids for these items (except for mine; I bid on and won the Brahean). Also, the JRC has closed out its PayPal page. Since I'm the only winner, I'm doubling the bid amount ($30) and will get over to the post office to make a bank deposit sometime this week, so I'll post receipt proof here once I get that taken care of.

In the meantime, Marshall and I are working on a new plan for fundraising, so keep an eye on this thread for more news. Gambatte Japan!

Boy, am I ever behind. I only just managed to get my donation to the Red Cross in -- the JRC has stopped taking online donations and has also closed out its general fund for recovery from the earthquake (they've got a bank draft set up, tho, where you can donate money to a pool that's disbursed to victims). I also sent all of the coins back to Marshall Mills, since it's increasingly clear that I have to scale my activities way, way, WAY back. Also, I have sent all of the 2011 Mini-Doubloons that were set aside for disaster relief back to their owners (should get there in about a week). I am really sorry to have dropped the ball on this, but I hope that as you find you have coins available, that you consider giving to the Red Cross or other disaster relief agencies. Gambatte Japan!