Magellan GC "No Supported Device Found"

dbetti

I have been caching with my Magellan GC GPS for months now. I had the Magellan communicator (for PC) installed and have had no problems. Suddenly, one day a week or 2 ago, I couldn't download to it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled communicator but I keep getting this error on the computer "No Supported Device Found." My Magellan GC is connected via USB and the GPS unit recognizes that it is connected to the computer. I'm on Windows XP and have tried both IE and Mozilla Firefox. I can't download caches anymore from home! BTW... this has since worked on my work laptop, but not my home computer where it had always worked before. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Are you using the same USB cable when you connect the GC to your computer and laptop? Maybe try changing the USB for another one; the cable might be starting to go. Also, on your home computer if you connect other devices to the same USB port do they work? Maybe that USB port is going.

You are a genius!!! :-) I can't believe it was something that simple. I actually started by just moving the same USB cable to a different port on the computer (figuring I'd try a different cable next) and it worked. This USB hub is fairly new but I seem to be having trouble with it. Maybe I can return it. Thank you SO MUCH! :-)