Cache Search Engine

JokerMage

I think that the Seek a Geocache search engine is good, but I have some suggestions to improve it. I don't know the constraints or limits of the website, but I wanted to let others humiliate me by beating my suggestions to a pulp.

1- Search by Cache Owner (You have to go through profiles to do this now, which isn't that hard. Being able to search would be easier however.)

2- Search by Cache Type, Cache Size, Difficulty, and/or Terrain

3- Search by Cache Age and/or Last Visit/Find

These improvements are nearly useless unless they can be made to work WITH the area searchs.

4- Search in multiple fields.

For example, Let's find all the New Hampshire Caches placed by the Yellow Dog Project (there are three, I believe). Just select NH for the area, type Yellow (or Dog or project, etc.) into the owner field and hit "Find". Of course if a Geocacher named mellow_yellow placed a cache in NH that could appear as well.

Example 2- What heavy difficulty (4+) caches have been visited in zip code 13820 in the last six months?

ZIP: [13820]

Difficulty: [4][and up]

Hit "find".

I realize some of the search fields could seem like overkill to some, but others might want them. Personally, I'd want to see the fields listed in #2 as search fields, while I see the items in #3 as too much.

Post a reply if you have any criticisms, comments, additional ideas, or questions.

-JokerMage

[This message was edited by JokerMage, Map Fiend of The StashHounds on April 03, 2002 at 08:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by JokerMage, Map Fiend of The StashHounds on April 03, 2002 at 10:04 PM.]