Top cabooses caches in BC and Canada

Fababoo

I've been planning a trip out to the Groundspeak Block Party in August and found a few bookmarks on the "triad" caches that list all the caches, by state, that have 20+ cavorted points. I found it imemsly helpful in figuring out where in the states to go that will have something interesting to see, a fun cache to do or a significant cache in history. It's really made the Washington/Oregon side of the border a snap to start planning.

Since we're looking into the possibility visiting BC for a week before our Washington week I was hoping to find something similar on our side of the border. I've seen a list here in Ontario that has all the caches in order from most favoured down but is there one for BC? Specifically looking for anything between Victoria and Prince George. At worst case can someone recommend a few highly rated caches that might lead to others?

I've been planning a trip out to the Groundspeak Block Party in August and found a few bookmarks on the "triad" caches that list all the caches, by state, that have 20+ cavorted points. I found it imemsly helpful in figuring out where in the states to go that will have something interesting to see, a fun cache to do or a significant cache in history. It's really made the Washington/Oregon side of the border a snap to start planning.

Since we're looking into the possibility visiting BC for a week before our Washington week I was hoping to find something similar on our side of the border. I've seen a list here in Ontario that has all the caches in order from most favoured down but is there one for BC? Specifically looking for anything between Victoria and Prince George. At worst case can someone recommend a few highly rated caches that might lead to others?

Have you tried each province or state's individual page? You could then sort by clicking on the blue "favorites" badge to see the top favorited caches.

LOL... Yeah... BlackBerry has an app for that called "Spell Check". At least us BB users get something done right :laughing:

Now that I look at this again, it sounds rather snotty. Totally wasn't trying to be rude to you Fababoo, but rather poke fun at the iPhone! Hope you understood :)

Hey.. it's a starting point... (I'm sure I posted this in the COG forums? Hmmm. I had worked them all out. Doh! Time to find that .txt file!)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=69&sortdir=desc&sort=fav = Ontario

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=48&sortdir=desc&sort=fav = Washington

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=38&sortdir=desc&sort=fav = Oregon

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=64&sortdir=desc&sort=fav = British Columbia

LOL... Yeah... BlackBerry has an app for that called "Spell Check". At least us BB users get something done right :laughing:

Now that I look at this again, it sounds rather snotty. Totally wasn't trying to be rude to you Fababoo, but rather poke fun at the iPhone! Hope you understood :)

No problem, I take jokes rather well and my snottiness detector is usually turned off, especially when I know the person so well. LOL iPhones have spell check too don't you know. Notice cabooses was spelled correctly in the title. ;)

Thanks for the easy access links Roy!

Actually I do enjoy finding caches In cabooses but that wasn't the intent. In researching Washington I came across one that was used in a movie where they blew up the bridge with the train on it! The cache is in one of the cars at the bottom of the gully.

@ Paul n Susan: thanks! If we're near one of them I'm sure to stop by! :)

Specifically looking for anything between Victoria and Prince George.

Wow, that's only a 900 km route...

BTW, "cabooses" is iPhone for "favoured", but you knew that. ;)

I wandered into this thread thinking, someone actually likes caches hidden on cabooses?

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking along those lines!

I was confused too, that's quite the caching niche. Although I do have at least three suggestions in Alberta :)