Mark FOUND on the Iphone

acachebox

Is there a way to mark a cache as "FOUND" while in the field on the Iphone? I don't see an option on the phone.

Yup. On the cache, scroll down to "Post a Log/Field Note", then select "Log Type" followed by "Found". You can then upload it as a field note, or a log to the site. You should probably fill in "Message" first or get ready for some irate cache owner's log deletion.

Note you will need to re-run your query to remove the cache from the list of nearby caches, and that'll only work if you actually logged it (Field note is not enough). Bit of a shortcoming of the iPhone app.

Is there a way to mark a cache as "FOUND" while in the field on the Iphone? I don't see an option on the phone.

Yup. On the cache, scroll down to "Post a Log/Field Note", then select "Log Type" followed by "Found". You can then upload it as a field note, or a log to the site. You should probably fill in "Message" first or get ready for some irate cache owner's log deletion.

Note you will need to re-run your query to remove the cache from the list of nearby caches, and that'll only work if you actually logged it (Field note is not enough). Bit of a shortcoming of the iPhone app.

Thanks northernpenguin

You bring up some interesting points but I have a question.

I have com home and Logged the find on my computer so when I go back to the Iphone it shows as Found. However I do not see anything on the page that relates to "POST a LOG/ FIELD NOTE" and I did not see anything of that nature while I was in the field.

And yes it would be nice to delete FOUND CACHES for the nearest search list in the future. But at this point I don't see that option either.

Thanks northernpenguin

You bring up some interesting points but I have a question.

Yes it would be nice to delete FOUND CACHES for the nearest search list in the future. But at this point I don't see that option either.

To remove found caches from your search using the iPhone app, click Menu (upper left hand corner), Settings, Search Options, My Finds, Exclude My Finds.

Hope this helps!

Thanks IT DID

This may have worked when I first got your note but not now. I went into settings, search options, and my finds and enabled exclude my finds. All of my finds still appear on the phone when ashed for nearest.

Along that line. How do I exclude my finds on my computer. Any cache I open to look at remains pink after that but I have no way to tell if I found it and remove it from the list for future searches.

Make sure you are actually logged into the app. I have noticed on occasion that I get logged out when attempting to drop a trackable through the app and have to log back in. So this might be why you are seeing them again.

Got it. There was no indication I was not signed in.

Thanks

acachebox

Hi I am new to this had a couple of searches but no finds until today. I am trying to log the find on the iphone but althoogh I am now in the house and on a wireless network it is still saying "Your logs coud not send at this time please try later"?

any advice on how I can long my first find?

I won't try to enplane how to log on your phone directly as I am still hit and miss on that one my self.

On your computer sign into Geocaching and go to the cache your are tring to log. You can search directly to that cache if you have the cache # or if it was close to home do a general search and select it and open that page. In the upper right of the page just under the cache # you will see LOG YOUR VISIT. Click on that and select the TYPE OF LOG. You can complete your log there, add comments, and post a picture.