"Bookmarking" a cache on your Garmin

Neil81

I recently upgraded from a Garmin 60CS to an Oregon 450 and have been trying to get everything set up so I can go paperless. There is one last issue I haven't been able to resolve. Has anyone come up with a good way to flag certain caches in the GPSr as "to dos" for the day? I want to keep a large number of caches on my device but be able to quickly find the ones I planned on doing for the day. My initial plan was to use GSAK to append "TODO" onto the end of the cache names that were of interest but some of the names become too long and weren't searchable on the GPSr.

Just wondering if anyone has resolved this "issue."

Thanks.

I just took a look at GSAK. Go to Database|Global Replace and Select Waypoint Name from the dropdown box. Type what you want to add in the box to the right and then select Add Before and run it. It will add that to the front of the name and you are set.

As I always say the answer to ALL questions about waypoints is GSAK.

Forgot to say that you should user flag and filter for the ones you want first so it only changes those. OOPS

Edited by Walts Hunting

The Etrex series used to have a Favorites option. You could save your home coords and whatever else, and when you deleted all waypoints your favorites would stay loaded in your gps. Via software upgrades, they took it away, brought it back for while and then took it away again.

Too bad in my opinion.

Yes, often wondered why the handhelds didnt keep the favourites option[..]

They still do. Nüvis just use "favorite" as another wording for waypoint. That said: Favorites and waypoints are the same items with different names.

Frohes Jagen

Hans