11/11/11 Geocoins

Wagonmaker

Last year for 10/10/10, there were geocoins developped to honour the momentous date, with regional colour schemes and were available for bulk ordering. Something similar happened on 09/09/09.

I'm just wondering if there are any plans for an 11/11/11 geocoin this year? I'm not sure how the coins were produced in previous years or who was in charge of organizing the colour schemes and distribution. Was this a Groundspeak initiative, or did regional caching associations take the task on themselves? (Is there a forum already for this topic?)

So, as you can tell, I have lots of questions on the matter! :) Any information about the development of these coins would be greatly helpful!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Merci d'avance!

Wagonmaker

on behalf of the Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA)

Last year for 10/10/10, there were geocoins developped to honour the momentous date, with regional colour schemes and were available for bulk ordering. Something similar happened on 09/09/09.

I'm just wondering if there are any plans for an 11/11/11 geocoin this year? I'm not sure how the coins were produced in previous years or who was in charge of organizing the colour schemes and distribution. Was this a Groundspeak initiative, or did regional caching associations take the task on themselves? (Is there a forum already for this topic?)

So, as you can tell, I have lots of questions on the matter! :) Any information about the development of these coins would be greatly helpful!

Merci d'avance!

Wagonmaker

on behalf of the Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA)

Someone is already planning their own 11-11-11 suncatcher geocoin, and avroair stated in that thread that he is working on the offical 11/11/11 Events geocoin.

There was a discussion, again from avroair, about how the Masquerade Events geocoins came about (who was invited to join, etc) and I suspect it is a similar process for the 11/11/11 events...

Edited by keewee

I'm just wondering if there are any plans for an 11/11/11 geocoin this year?

Yes. I will be doing the 11 11 11 multi-event coin. This is the same project that Manitoba (Junglehair) did for 10-10-10.

Any information about the development of these coins would be greatly helpful!

There is a thread discussing the 11-11-11 multi event coin here: Eleven

This will probably start initial design in June --- usually the design artwork is posted and tweaked. Then a 'color by numbers' version is produced for event hosts to express themselves. The orders are collected in a Google docs and then minted.

I'm just wondering if there are any plans for an 11/11/11 geocoin this year?

Yes. I will be doing the 11 11 11 multi-event coin. This is the same project that Manitoba (Junglehair) did for 10-10-10.

Any information about the development of these coins would be greatly helpful!

There is a thread discussing the 11-11-11 multi event coin here: Eleven

This will probably start initial design in June --- usually the design artwork is posted and tweaked. Then a 'color by numbers' version is produced for event hosts to express themselves. The orders are collected in a Google docs and then minted.

Ooh! Thanks for the direction, Avro!! You know I'm in! :anibad:

CF30