Time travel/forum message editing

Cachier

Here's the deal:

timewarp.jpg

See... Looks fine from my end. I haven't changed my time zone, so it displays "geocaching time" (aka PST) on my screen.

You must have it set to non-geocaching time (aka EST) so the time stamp on the top, when you view the message, is three hours ahead, 10:52pm. But the time stamp for the edit remains in geocaching time, 9:13pm.

On my screen, with both times in geocaching time, there has been no time travel.

I would explain the reason for all this, but with the intracacies of Einsteins speciel theory of relativity, it's too complex. Just keep in mind that time is relative to the position of the observer.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Here's the deal:

I would explain the reason for all this, but with the intracacies of Einsteins speciel theory of relativity, it's too complex. Just keep in mind that time is relative to the position of the observer.

Jamie

Due to distance and the amount of time needed for light to travel, everything that we see beyond our solar system may not exist at this moment.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Here's the deal:

You must have it set to non-geocaching time (aka EST) so the time stamp on the top, when you view the message, is three hours ahead, 10:52pm. But the time stamp for the edit remains in geocaching time, 9:13pm.

On my screen, with both times in geocaching time, there has been no time travel.

Jamie

Geez, you mean there is no chance of re-run with Bridget??? I'm crushed. icon_frown.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."