Pocket Queries and gps?

I understand how to make a pocket query and how to make it run, but....I was reading the forums and "knowschad" said something like "load up a large pocket query of the area" that you are going to cache in before you go out with a big group. But what if you go out with that group and you have about 100 caches loaded onto your gps and they say "lets go to the "bridge cache" or something and you look for it on your gps but you don't know which waypoint it is!!!

Caching companion: "Let's go to the bridge cache."

You: "Kewl. What's the GC number?"

Now you can find it on your GPS.

You're welcome :)

Oh so you save the waypoint name as the GC number? I've never done that! And I don't really have any geocaching friends yet...just wondering for I if I ever do...

If I was in that situation, and I was riding w/ them, I'd wait until we were close to parking and it would be on a short list, if not the closest, and select it then. If I was not riding w/ them, I'd get the coords and enter a waypoint. If you download cache info to your GPSr (description, logs, hint etc) you can select the saved cache once you park.

First what GPS do you have. Most now show the caching name not GC number and they have a search function based on spelling.

So a little more info will get a more specific response.

I have the Garmin Etrex H. Not sure that it has that many great features...haven't tried them all yet either...

If I was in that situation, and I was riding w/ them, I'd wait until we were close to parking and it would be on a short list, if not the closest, and select it then. If I was not riding w/ them, I'd get the coords and enter a waypoint. If you download cache info to your GPSr (description, logs, hint etc) you can select the saved cache once you park.

I don't think (or know) that my gps could save hints and logs on it...I thought it was just a gps that could store coordinates. Its a Garmin Etrex H I think.

I understand how to make a pocket query and how to make it run, but....I was reading the forums and "knowschad" said something like "load up a large pocket query of the area" that you are going to cache in before you go out with a big group. But what if you go out with that group and you have about 100 caches loaded onto your gps and they say "lets go to the "bridge cache" or something and you look for it on your gps but you don't know which waypoint it is!!!

Listening to knowschad, eh? Well, there's your problem! :P

OT: Yep, just ask any of your buddies if they know the GC#.