oregon nuvi and mac

I down loaded a pq and saved it to the desktop on my macbook pro then I opened it and dropped it into the gpx folder on my garmin oregon 550

it worked and I got all the info and logs

then I tryed to delet the old gpx out of my nuvi 500 and drag the gpx file from the mac to the gpx folder in the nuvi 500 and it did not work all of the previos caches where still in there

so all I am trying to do is get away from needing windows on my mac or any other program and just drop the pq straight into the nuvi 500

because I will only need this once or twice a year on vacation

thanks for any help

then I tryed to delet the old gpx out of my nuvi 500 and drag the gpx file from the mac to the gpx folder in the nuvi 500 and it did not work all of the previos caches where still in there

Did you try to empty your trash?

IIRC, when you delete a file on a removable drive on Windows, it is gone. But on a Mac it gets moved into trash. Moving from one device to another is like copying and deleting.

Disclaimer : I don't have a Mac and haven't used one seriously in years, so this is conjecture, but thought it should be quick enough for you to test.

Edited by Chrysalides