Logging visits

DrDevil

Hi guys,

If two users go to a cache, i've noticed that on some logs it says "User1 & User2", i recently went to a few caches with a friend, how would I log her name on it aswell as mine? (without writting it into the body)

I couldnt find it under the log visit page.

Thanks

Gaz

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you are asking, but I'm gonna take a guess.

On some cache log entries, the user name is something like "Jim and Deb" or something... and you want to know how you can add your friends name to your log entry. Is that right?

Well if that's the case, the only way you can do it is to change your username. You could change it to something like DrDevilandFriend and then that's how it'd show up in the logs.. but it't not something you can change for individual logs.

You could encourage your friend to get a geocaching account and she can log her finds, too.

Jamie

Maybe I have the same question:

When I find a cache together with another geocacher, how do we log this when both of us want the visit logged on their account? If we both log it, then the cache has two more logs although actualy it was just one visit.

So what database scheme is being used or should be used: logging visits or logging persons?

Yes, I understand that's the best option in the current setup. My point however is, that it would be nice if the database guys had chosen a scheme where you log a visit and where persons can be attached to this visit. Looking at log entries I see lots of Teams This and That consisting of person A, B, C, etc. Double logging of visits ****s up the statistics...

But I'm new to this hobby and maybe my nerdish sysadmin look at things gets in way :-)

I think the way it is done now is the best way, each person has his/her own story to add to their own log and each found the cache. It should not matter if it means a cache was visited by 2 cachers, I thought stats did not matter. If I go with another cacher, I enter my own log and anticipate reading the other cachers log when entered.

I think it is best the way it is.

Car37 & Shnde