NEW COIN: Water Otter

anne.and.eli

That would be great. I was wanting one of each, so Whatever you have extra would be awesome. I will have to look through my traders.

If you could email me a screenshot or the exact text of the error message you're getting, I will try to figure out what's going on. I'm sorry you're having such issues. :(

Wow I just noticed this post. I went back and it is still doing it. Here is the message...

Cookie Usage

We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or cookies have been disabled.

Cookie Privacy and Security

Cookies must be enabled to purchase online on this store, this is to embrace privacy and security related issues regarding your visit to this site.

By enabling cookie support on your browser, the communication between you and this site is strengthened to be certain it is you who are making transactions on your own behalf, and to prevent leakage of your privacy information.

To continue shopping online, we encourage you to enable cookies on your browser.

For Internet Explorer browsers, please follow these instructions:

Click on the Tools menubar, and select Internet Options

Select the Security tab, and reset the security level to Medium

We have taken this security measurement for your benefit, and apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

Please contact the store owner if you have any questions relating to this requirement, or to continue purchasing products offline.

I have played with it in multiple settings and nothing. It was really frustrating watching the different editions dissappear. Hopefully I can trade for a couple.

Installed a new version of AntiVirus or a browser add-in that might be blocking cookies? The other thing could be that there are too many cookies on your computer and they need to be cleaned out.

The other thing to try is defragging your harddisk.

Yesterday I received a large number of coins in the mail. I activated the first seven without any trouble. However, when I got to my water otters, I couldn't activate any of them. It seems that the activation problem is with that particular coin and not with Groundspeak in general.

Installed a new version of AntiVirus or a browser add-in that might be blocking cookies? The other thing could be that there are too many cookies on your computer and they need to be cleaned out.

All of those options have been checked with no change. Maybe if I just turn the anti-virus OFF. Wait, I shouldn't do that.

All of those options have been checked with no change. Maybe if I just turn the anti-virus OFF. Wait, I shouldn't do that.

Problem with most anti virus software packs is they only protect against know problems.Anything that is new will still hit your system. Your best defense against viruses isn't a software package but in your actions while online. Its when you go to bad web sites and click on links in unknown emails that you run into problems. Often people get viruses cause they get a pop up and click, and allow something to be installed on there system. I haven't ran any kind of virus or malware protection on my system in years and haven't had any problem. I know what to look for and what to avoid. More importantly i keep everything updated regularly. MS has its on protection built into windows. Its called MRT (Malicious Removal Tool). Every time there is a windows update that automatically runs. Sure anti virus software does look for actions that may be from a virus but there are too many false positives that cause way to many problems for me to deal with it.

I think its safe to say that AS Design is a safe web page and can be trusted for now. You can leave just that web page up then disable the virus protection long enough to enable cookies and do what you need to do on the site and through pay-pal. When your done re enable the virus protection.

Yesterday I received a large number of coins in the mail. I activated the first seven without any trouble. However, when I got to my water otters, I couldn't activate any of them. It seems that the activation problem is with that particular coin and not with Groundspeak in general.

Even with the activation code retrieved from the website? I emailed yesterday, I'll let you all know what I hear back. Sorry everyone! :(

Heads up to you anne.and.eli, There is an ebay auction up for one of you coins. The problem isn't the auction but possible copyright violation of them using the image of the coin from your e-store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Water-Otter-Emerald-Deeps-geocoin-U-T-green-ant-copper-/220776835595?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3367532a0b

Hehehe...that is Anne.and.eli running the auction so the possible copyright violation is moot. :D

Wow those otters sure do swim fast!!!! They've crossed the wide expanses of the Pacific Ocean already and clambered onto my desk! :D

I haven't any fish to feed them but I can sure tell they've been eating fish - SMELLY! :laughing:

Anne - they are absolutely fantastic!!! The photo's don't do them justice - congratulations on them! :)

Anne - they are absolutely fantastic!!! The photo's don't do them justice - congratulations on them! :)

Agreed. The otters are cute, but it is the other side with the fish and the plants that really impresses me. The depth and illusion of peering into another world is just outstanding.

keewee: Yay, so happy to hear they've made it! :D And even more happy to hear you're pleased with them!

Gregson: I'm really happy you like the back, I had a lot of fun drawing that. I spent a lot of time staring at kelp forest pictures trying to figure out how kelp actually grew!

I heard back from Groundspeak today re: activation codes, and they are looking into them. I hope to hear back tomorrow, and I shall let you all know what's goin' on with that.

keewee: Yay, so happy to hear they've made it! :D And even more happy to hear you're pleased with them!

Gregson: I'm really happy you like the back, I had a lot of fun drawing that. I spent a lot of time staring at kelp forest pictures trying to figure out how kelp actually grew!

I heard back from Groundspeak today re: activation codes, and they are looking into them. I hope to hear back tomorrow, and I shall let you all know what's goin' on with that.

How could we not be pleased - they're FANTASTIC!!! Absolutely love the swirling of the pearl enamels and the depths of the translucent enamels! Absolutely beautiful!!!

How could we not be pleased - they're FANTASTIC!!! Absolutely love the swirling of the pearl enamels and the depths of the translucent enamels! Absolutely beautiful!!!

So true. I got mine on Monday and they are brilliant!! I love the design, the swirling sea kelp on the back and the great colors you chose for all of them.

Any word on the activation codes? I'm sure GS was busy today but I was just wondering if you heard back. I was able to activate a couple of the otters using the GS Activation Code Retrieval, but now I have "exceeded my activation limit" according to their system!!!! LOL!!! Too many coins I guess......maybe I should cut back!!

I activated mine through GS activation retrieval and it was a different activation code than what was on the flip.

Yah, the unique activation codes work, but I requested a common activation code which should have replaced the unique ones. I have no idea what the hangup is, and I've sent another email but they are likely quite busy and I have not heard back.

I apologize for the trouble, everyone. :( Hopefully it will get fixed quickly. :) In the meantime, you can use the "retrieve a code" link on the activation page.

AHHHH - I log on after a bit of a hiatus and the new coins are all absolutely fantastic! My daughter LOVES anything otter and I know she would die for one of these. Are there, or will there be any more for sale??

There are still a few left of two of the versions. There are 2 of the arctic, and 7 of the emerald versions left. :)

BTW, Anne, my Feline Finder icon is working now - thank you!

Oh yay! I'm glad that got fixed!!

I'm really pleased that everyone is liking the coins, thanks so much! I will probably do a run of 2 or 3 more versions, I am considering doing a non/limited enamel version as one of them.

ooh! those are sweeeet! Of course the water otter is a cousin to the ferret (land otter!) so we have a natural attraction to that LOL :) I'll have to see if I can muster up some extra $ and hopefully purchase 1 or 2 next week!! Most likely the white one, since we have an albino ferret. Any chance on doing a ferret design? Havent seen any yet!

Found one last stash of otter coins, including one of the black ones. There are only 1 or 2 of each, but they are on the store.

If you are feeling like trying your luck, at midnight (Pacific) on Friday, all the coins on my store will be 40% off for a black friday sale. :)

Happy Holidays!

WOOHOO!!! I got THE black one.