NEW COIN: Water Otter

anne.and.eli

Thanks for all the great feedback!

I'm not sure what a rock otter would look like, but the antique copper one seems to say "rock" to me.

There are two other versions that I am having made. Waiting for the final production art and then the order will go in, so expect these in about 4 weeks. I'm not doing reservations, I ordered based on the interest in the different versions that I got here. If I run out there may be a re-mint, although I generally just make new versions instead of doing re-mints because I love playing with all the color combinations. :D

The otter coins have arrived! I am planning to put them in the shop on Wednesday. Price will be $10 each.

Here are the 5 color ways that will be available and the numbers:

Arctic Sea

Pearlescent white, ice blue translucent in satin silver. 100 coins

arctic.jpg

Emerald Deeps

Emerald green waters, translucent brown in antique copper. 100 coins

emerald.jpg

Tropical Ocean

Opaque brown with tropical turquoise translucent in black nickel. 50 coins

tropical.jpg

Midnight on the Water

Black pearlescent, glow in the dark stripe, dark red translucent in polished gold. 50 coins

midnight.jpg

Red Otter

Co-designed with geocacher RedOtter - dark red and blue translucent and glow-in the dark fish in black nickel. 50 coins

redotter.jpg

Edited by anne.and.eli

Brilliant! I hope that the sale time will be posted in advance. Our Internet connection is disabled this entire week, so I need to go somewhere else to place my order. And I definitely hope it will be during "manly hours"! :)

Off topic, is there a proper English phrase for those hours of the day that normal people are usually awake?

Brilliant! I hope that the sale time will be posted in advance. Our Internet connection is disabled this entire week, so I need to go somewhere else to place my order. And I definitely hope it will be during "manly hours"! :)

Off topic, is there a proper English phrase for those hours of the day that normal people are usually awake?

"Waking hours" I think? :)

I'm debating if I want to try to do 1/2 go on sale Wednesday morning (pacific time) and 1/2 go on sale Wednesday evening. That way there's coverage for both US and international. I need to see if there's a way to automate that with my store or not. :) Would people enjoy that, or would it be better to just put them all up at the same time?

I'm debating if I want to try to do 1/2 go on sale Wednesday morning (pacific time) and 1/2 go on sale Wednesday evening. That way there's coverage for both US and international. I need to see if there's a way to automate that with my store or not. :) Would people enjoy that, or would it be better to just put them all up at the same time?

Well, as i am from germany, i would be happy to have a second sale at a time i can have a chance to sell some of these beautys.

;D

Very interested in that please :)

Okay I'll give this a go and see how it goes.

I will try to have the sales start at the following times on Wednesday:

10am PDT - 1pm EDT and I THINK 7pm in Germany (can someone double check my math? Not sure if daylight savings messes things up)

6pm PDT - 9pm EDT and 3am in Germany

The goal was to hit after work hours for as many people as possible. For those of you in Australia, are these times workable?

Okay I'll give this a go and see how it goes.

I will try to have the sales start at the following times on Wednesday:

10am PDT - 1pm EDT and I THINK 7pm in Germany (can someone double check my math? Not sure if daylight savings messes things up)

6pm PDT - 9pm EDT and 3am in Germany

The goal was to hit after work hours for as many people as possible. For those of you in Australia, are these times workable?

If I read the worldtimeserver site correctly then the 6pm PDT works for me - 1pm, lunch time :)

The Ozzies will be at work, but at least they'll be awake.

At the 10am PDT time I will still be fast asleep (5am locally).

Yep! First batch will be on the store in about 20 minutes. I say about because this is the first time I've done a sale this way so I'm not sure if the "one-button populate" will really work or if I'll have to turn on each version by hand.

I did put purchase limits on the coins, but I tried to make them reasonable.

Arctic/Emerald: 4

the rest: 2

Also, fair warning: putting a coin in your cart does not "hold" it, it isn't removed from the available pool until you have finished purchasing it. Hopefully the purchase limits will help.

Thanks all!