Administration question

FLeghorn

Hello,

I do not know if you have noticed this or not but there is a geocacher (MarinerBC) in the Canada forum who has been so rude and arrogant as to make life very unhappy for many people. This cacher has caused a very generous team of geocache hiders to quit and everone in this area who once enjoyed the challenge will not have to do without.

Is I fair that one person should be permitted to make life miserable for so many others? I do not believe it should be.

Does Geocaching have a set of procedures in place to deal with the removal of bad apples who are involved in this sport?

Pay attention to me, boy! I'm not just talking to hear my head roar! - Foghorn Leghorn

Lots of us all over the world have been following the saga in Canada. I really do not think you can blame one person for sending the "large number of e-mails, over 2,000 at last count, many of them negative in nature" that was a major factor in the team's decision to quit placing caches in that area. Add to that the email notifications every time some logs or notes on one of the 80 caches they have placed, and that's a major workload. I seriously doubt you can crucify one person for this mess.

Now, after seeing the way the canadian forums were before, during, and after TEAM KFWB, I sure as hell hope they never come to my neck of the woods. I've been out of work for months, and am so poor right now I can't even afford to pay attention, and I can still say that. Its really sad how a few $$$ can turn a bunch of friendly people against each other. I'd much rather find old golfballs and mctoys in caches, and maintain the friendships I've made caching, then see everyone start stabbing each other in the back for a cheap GPS as a cache prize.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I have no idea about the contents of any e-mails which may have been sent to the TEAM, but there is an option in the e-mail feature to report abuse to the site administrators. To answer your question, yes, if the TEAM were upset about the contents of a private e-mail, it would be up to the TEAM to use the abuse feature. Likewise, every forum post has that little yellow triangle, to report an inappropriate posting. The TEAM has instead chosen to take other action, as is their prerogative.

As for the forums, what MarinerBC (and a few others) did was express their OPINION about what was going on. As a disinterested observer many miles away, I followed the discussion, and didn't see anything that rose to the level of "I'll plunder your caches, burn down the landmarks used as clues, and put spike strips across the logging roads." Short of the type of behavior which would warrant suspension of a user's account, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I am glad we have these forums in which to express them.

I would NOT enjoy this site if you ran the risk of having your account canceled if you held an unpopular view. Just look at this week's postings in the forums. Should we ban Markwell, because he caused the "police car" locationless cache to be archived (if only for a short while)? I don't think so.

I take absolutely no position on the merits of what happened on Vancouver Island, as it's not my battle to fight. But I am not in favor of running to the site administrators looking for "justice" when something bad happens. We all must learn to play nice together in the same geosandbox.

I know that you and others are disappointed and upset, and I regret reading about all the bad feelings. Geocaching has been nothing but happy times from where I sit.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:
Originally posted by Foghorn Leghorn:

I do not know if you have noticed this or not but there is a geocacher (MarinerBC) in the Canada forum who has been so rude and arrogant as to make life very unhappy for many people.

I read MarinerBC's posts pretty carefully, and I see nothing rude in them. He is simply stating his opinion about the change in the sport that occurred with the introduction of Big Money. If you have any specific instance in which he was so nasty that it made somebody's life miserable, please post it, but I couldn't find it.

Instead, I get the definite impression that people up there are upset and looking for a scapegoat.

Thank you everyone for the 48 !! emails I have received in my favour. It is really quite overwhelming. I have read all of your messages and will respond to them asap, but I type really slowly so please do not think I am rude if it takes a while

Pay attention to me, boy! I'm not just talking to hear my head roar! - Foghorn Leghorn

I'm having some difficulty sorting out the problem here as well. Was there some nasty letters going back and forth behind the scenes?

Hey, even I said you can leave "bags of cash" in a cache if you have the money to do it. It may certainly cause some moral conflict in claiming the prize, but hey, that's what they want you to do.

I'm behind on my emails. Maybe someone left a note for me. I'll try to catch up this evening.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:

Thank you everyone for the 48 !! emails I have received in my favour.

That's 48 people afraid to agree with you openly. Doesn't sound like they are very sure of themselves, or just too cowardly... I dunno. Either way, doesn't sound much like fun. Hope they change their mind and start hiding caches up there again, so the rest of us wont end up like you.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I hope they start hiding them near me icon_wink.gif Bother them a little further east, would you icon_wink.gif

Being unemployed, I have recurring moments where this little dream of packing up all my caching gear and heading to Vancouver flits through my mind. icon_smile.gif

It does sound like the Team was inundated with email and it can be very disheartening when people write simply to criticize. It's how a lot of good things die. Hopefully the team will just let it all roll off their back and keep having their fun. But I don't think that poster (MarinerBC) was being rude either. Not in the threads I read anyway.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I have learned, through this experience, that opinions other than those expressed by the 12 main chasers of the big money caches are NOT to be tolerated. For those of you not up on this, a small group of cachers here on the south island perpetrated a hoax that Team KFWB would no longer be placing big money caches, thanks to some 2,000 emails sent by "sour grapes" people like me. This is what was gloated over by the group "Team Phoenix":

They're back Curious George

Geocacher posted January 23, 2003 06:35 PM

and ready to go - you know who I mean

Followed by:

An Observer

Geocacher posted January 23, 2003 08:17 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were never gone.

Followed by:

Dagg

Geocacher posted January 23, 2003 10:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't say Observer...Master of the obvious!

Dagg

I just like the new logo so much i keep posting...

I had NEVER emailed KFWB, except to ask them to stay and place more caches after the group of twelve began their hoax. My contribution consisted of one email. (I had no idea that I was so influential. I think I'll go talk to the Prime Minister, and get him to do things right for a change.)

I presume that this was an attempt to embarrass me. So be it. I can take the criticism, unlike others. Foghorn Leghorn is entitled to his opinion, whatever I may think of it. Cheers, Foghorn, this is/was a free country.

This episode has caused professional relationships to crumble, friendships to dissolve, and now has the community here at odds with each other. I have been accused of not tolerating others. I ask, who is not tolerating whom? KFWB has done nothing wrong here. It is the greed of a few individuals who have destroyed the camaraderie.

So if I am to be the scapegoat, bring it on. I have the backbone to do it. None of the greedy twelve do, I'll wager.

I was willing to let this subject die, but it seems that a lot of you were not. Foghorn , you will now take responsibility for your actions. You will decide whether we begin the healing process, or we don't.

Although I was not named in FLeghorn's diatribe, I apparently, am one of the dissenters, and 'sour grapes', as well. I, too, held a different opinion, and I, too, was nailed to the cross, for these opinions. Apparently, in the US, where most of the posters appear to be from, people check out information at the source before criticizing others, and they make sure they have all the information prior to forming an opinion or making a judgement. I thank all of you for this.

I, too emailed KFWB, but only once, and it was to offer support, and some constructive suggestions. I'm not sure where the 2000 emails came from, but it wasn't me-I have a life, and have to work for my money.

I know I'm taking a chance in expressing my opinion, and that doing so is not welcome here, but I can NOT sit by and let one person be publicly humiliated. How dare you!

Funny, I thought I lived in Canada.

quote:
Curious George

posted January 08, 2003 12:02 PM

There has been a lot of talk about the Team KFWB caches on these forums. The Team has also been receiving a large number of e-mails, over 2,000 at last count, many of them negative in nature.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the Team indicating that they were feeling frustrated and were going to put things on hold until they decided what to do.

The Team has been trying to do something postitive for the sport of geocaching. They have been extremely generous to us. Yet they continue to receive a lot of negative feedback. They have had enough.

We had a great opportunity here, and now it is gone.

Topic: They're back Author: Curious George

posted January 23, 2003 06:35 PM

and ready to go - you know who I mean

When did they go?

1/23/2003

"FORCE FORTY GEOCACHE" by TEAM KFWB GPS (GCC979)

(British Columbia) last found 1/27/2003 2.5/3 [details]

download

1/22/2003

"A MATTER OF HONOR GEOCACHE" by TEAM KFWB GPS (GCC946)

(British Columbia) last found 1/27/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/22/2003

"YA DON'T FIGHT THE SEA GEOCACHE" by TEAM KFWB GPS (GCC97B)

(British Columbia) last found 1/26/2003 2.5/2 [details]

download

1/15/2003

"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS GEOCACHE" by TEAM KFWB GPS (GCC968)

(British Columbia) last found 1/30/2003 4/4 [details]

download

1/12/2003

"OLD MEMORIES GEOCACHE" by KFWB GPS (GCC3E4)

(British Columbia) last found 1/19/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/6/2003

"STAY SHARP GEOCACHE" by TEAM KFWB GPS (GCC94C)

(British Columbia) last found 1/27/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/5/2003

"LOOK ALIVE GEOCACHE" by KFWB GPS (GCBF8F)

(British Columbia) last found 1/26/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/2/2003

"ROUGH 'N READY GEOCACHE" by KFWB GPS (GCC921)

(British Columbia) last found 1/28/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/2/2003

"TOUGH ENOUGH GEOCACHE" by TEAM KFWB GPS (GCC976)

(British Columbia) last found 1/28/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/1/2003

"SHADOW OF THE WOLF GEOCACHE" by KFWB GPS (GCBF23)

(British Columbia) last found 1/21/2003 3/3 [details]

download

1/1/2003

"RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY GEOCACHE" by KFWB GPS (GCC3E7)

(British Columbia) last found 1/21/2003 3.5/3.5 [details]

download

[This message was edited by An Observer on January 30, 2003 at 01:17 PM.]

Well I don't know about you folks but if I had 2000 emails it would take up a large part of my email folder. We can't and nor do we believe a single word that some individual is trying to make. We have gone back and looked for ourselves and found absolutely NO place where Mariner BC or anyone else has stated anything that would cause such a disgruntaled attitude. "If you have any specific instance in which he was so nasty that it made somebody's life miserable, please post it, but I couldn't find it." (quoted)

We agree with this statement "if the TEAM were upset about the contents of a private e-mail, it would be up to the TEAM to use the abuse feature. Likewise, every forum post has that little yellow triangle, to report an inappropriate posting. The TEAM has instead chosen to take other action, as is their prerogative."(quoted). So before anymore false aligations are made and more relationships are destroyed one should take a look a the whole picture and see that they are only painting a false picture and only a few fools would believe it.

*We are teaching our Zoe dog to sniff out Tupperware...*

I read the forum posts as a curious outsider and didn't feel MarinerBC was rude. In fact, I found his posts to be quite polite. It also appears that there was a pretty friendly debate going on until a couple of other people started making somewhat rude posts. It is OK to disagree on topics, it happens. I see no reason to try to ban someone because he took part in a debate on a topic.

What I found by reading it all was that it seemed that a bunch a big money caches appeared to have turned a fun and friendly sport into something controversial and upsetting for people on both sides of the issue. I find that unfortunate.

pokeanim3.gif

[This message was edited by carleenp on January 30, 2003 at 02:33 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by An Observer:

When did they go?

Surely you don't mean to suggest that others are wrong in saying that, for a time, the TEAM's cache hiding days in the Vancouver Island area were overwith? If you do mean that, it strikes me as disingenuous. I'll illustrate by example:

quote:

Originally posted by Yellowcode3:

These negative posts contributed to the end of an opportunity for at least 2 dozen people in and around the south Island.

quote:

Originally posted by Curious George:

We had a great opportunity here, and now it is gone.

...(quoting from TEAM KFWB e-mail) TEAM KFWB GPS IS TERMINATING OPERATIONS IN THIS AREA, AND WILL ARCHIVE ALL THE CACHES AND HAVE THE CACHE CONTAINERS REMOVED.

quote:

Originally posted by GeoChamp:

It is with great saddness that I sit here and read about the TEAM's resignation. Like all things in life they come to an end.

quote:

Originally posted by Daggette:

There are several emotions that swept through me when I realized this was the end of a VERY GOOD THING!

And many other quotes I could've pasted... you get the idea. The fact of the matter is, on January 8th, the TEAM "resigned," and on January 11th, they changed their mind. Plain and simple.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

I just spotted this thread this afternoon - I will start by saying that I never pointed fingers at anyone in particular and I have never criticized anyone personally. If anyone took anything I said as an accusation then I apologize. Everyone is entitled the their opinion - end of story.

I was asked to be a "spokeperson" for the TEAM because I had been emailing them back and forth when the situation first came to light. They asked if I would pass on information to the local caching community. Whenever I posted a note from the TEAM it was cut and paste verbatim from my email. They TEAM had considered ceasing operations here and after being contacted by a number of people from across the country they changed their mind.

You cannot just look at the dates of their posted caches - they post a number of caches at one time and then release them over a period of time. Some times a new cache will come up that was placed 2 months ago.

Once again, I truly feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was simply passing information along - if anyone doubts my position you are welcome to contact me and you can come to my house and read through all the e-mails I have received from the TEAM.

As I said before, if I did offend or upset anyone then I apologize and would be more that glad to discuss it with you.

WHILE THE CACHE POSTING DATES FALL IN JANUARY, PLEASE REVIEW THE ***DATE HIDDEN*** TO DETERMINE THE TIME THINGS REALLY TOOK PLACE...

WHATEVER THE CASE, I TAKE MY SHARE OF THE BLAME FOR CAUSING CALAMITY WITIHIN THESE PAGES, AND EVEN STILL TODAY, I ADMIT THAT I AM CONTROVERSIAL AT TIMES... I TRY TO ADD HUMOUR (SEE WHITE LINE FEVER GEOCACHE FOR SOME) AND IRONY TO MY ***REAL*** EXPERIENCES THAT I CHOOSE TO POST, SOMETIMES SEEN AS SOUR GRAPES BY OTHERS.

AS FAR AS THE CURRENT STATE OF THE TEAM, THEIR CACHES, THE FUTURE ETC... I DO NOT KNOW. I HEAR RUMOURS AND GET TIDBITS HERE AND THERE, AND MY EXASPERATION WITH THE LATEST ROUND OF CACHES HAS ME NEEDING A BREAK, AND SINCE I AM HIDING CACHES NOW (THAT I THINK ***SOME*** PEOLPLE WILL LIKE), I THINK THAT'S IT FOR ME FOR NOW.

BUT NOW THAT I CAN CALCULATE THE NEW STYLE CACHES IN 30 SECONDS OR LESS, MAYBE NOT?

YOU NEVER KNOW, NEVER SAY NEVER, AND AS LONG AS I'M STILL BREATHING, I CAN STILL DIE

CANADAZUUK

You Said

quote:
I do not know if you have noticed this or not but there is a geocacher (MarinerBC) in the Canada forum who has been so rude and arrogant as to make life very unhappy for many people.
This Man (and his Partner) have given so much to this sport. We don’t know where to start. So I'll give you a few examples. When we started out MarinerBC was our Geocaching mentor (He Still is) he answered all our questions and not once did he make us feel that we were imposing on him...He taught us different and more efficient ways to use our GPSr and in doing so has become a good friend...He gives constructive criticism and has really held back in the way he has posted to the forums. I’m sure he did not say ¼ of what was on his mind amid the myriad of accusations that came from people that do not know him and were shooting from the hip…We are sick and tired of all the garbage that has been leveled against this man who if there was a Geocaching hall of fame would be one of the first inducted…This is our opinion and I’m glad we still live in a place where everyone is entitled to them…

*We are teaching our Zoe dog to sniff out Tupperware...*

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

I ADMIT THAT I AM CONTROVERSIAL AT TIMES...

Do ya think you could STOP YELLING????

The misguided notion that all caps is easier to read than mixed case bespeaks a stupendous ignorance. Mixed-case fonts are designed to be easier to read than all-uppercase; that's why they exist.

There has been no excuse to post in all caps since the last teletype machine was scrapped.

Fizzymagic, I could not agree more. Funny though, when another cacher mentioned that in the Canadian Forums, ( I didn't care how he typed at that time, personally) I was blamed, and called a whiner. This other person pointed out, as did you, that caps are NOT easier to read. This was referred to as "sour grapes". The friend of mine who asked the person not to type in caps was very right. It is illegible.

One thing though. Canadazuuk did it here for a different reason. He has a very different perspective on all of this. He would not normally do the cap thing, unless he meant to say something very strongly. I ask that you bear with him on that one post.

You are right in one manner as well. Canadians are very rude, as a general rule. While I can't think of even two instances of bad treatment while vacationing in the United States, it happens every day here.

Fizzy, I owe ya one.

quote:
Originally posted by marinerBC:

Canadians are very rude, as a general rule. While I can't think of even two instances of bad treatment while vacationing in the United States, it happens every day here.

Maybe things are just different on the East coast all around.

Aside from Quebec, Canadians have always been friendlier then their US counterparts in my travels.

Mopar, I stand corrected. I did generalize. What I should have said was that some West Coast people are rude, and ignorant, and I am not referring to the geocaching community in particular. I was born in Ontario, and lived in Quebec and Ontario, so I understand your point. Quebecers have a chip on their shoulders, depending on where in the province you go. I ask however, that you visit my hometown of Montreal in the future. Montrealers don't even consider themselves as part of Quebec, or at least my friends and relatives don't.

I have more experience with US citizens on this coast, rather than yours. I stand by my earlier statement, however. Americans seem much more able to take a balanced view of the world. In Canada, some of us seem more worried about what we can get out of somebody else, or our government, for free, rather than how we treat the person beside us

quote:
Originally posted by cacherunner:

deleted

[This message was edited by cacherunner on January 30, 2003 at 05:04 PM.]

I wish i had this topic on my pop it list so i would have seen this original message. If someone saved it would you please send it to me. thankyou

Originally posted by coast2coast2coast:

This Man (and his Partner) have given so much to this sport. We don’t know where to start. So I'll give you a few examples. When we started out MarinerBC was our Geocaching mentor (He Still is) he answered all our questions and not once did he make us feel that we were imposing on him...He taught us different and more efficient ways to use our GPSr and in doing so has become a good friend...He gives constructive criticism and has really held back in the way he has posted to the forums. I’m sure he did not say ¼ of what was on his mind amid the myriad of accusations that came from people that do not know him and were shooting from the hip…We are sick and tired of all the garbage that has been leveled against this man who if there was a Geocaching hall of fame would be one of the first inducted…This is our opinion and I’m glad we still live in a place where everyone is entitled to them…

Would someone please contact Gordon Campbell (try spinnakers) and ask him to make a new holiday in February - it will be MARINERBC day.

All hail mariner.

quote:

MarinerBC WHY WOULD YOU WAIT 21 days to bring up an old topic. Were you sad because no one was talking about you lately?

You seem like the sad one here.

Looks to me like canadazuuk brought it back up, and MarinerBC only responded to what was being currently posted.

Look at the top of each post. See where there is a posted date for each message? Is that REALLY that hard to see?

YOU started this subject slamming a fellow cacher and making some pretty harsh accusations. Tons of people from all over the world went and tried to see what you were whining about. NOBODY else sees it. Not canadian cachers, not US cachers, not the admins here. You suggested someone needs to be removed from geocaching.com. Might I suggest starting with yourself?

hello mopar, I was asking administration if there was a way to deal with this type of situation and some angry ones took offence. many supports of the removal of the offendding topics topics are scared to write here because as jeremy mentionedin the new persons area the geocachers oftentimes treat each other with distrspectfulness. I would still like to know from administration how we are to deal with persns we find to be offensive. Is there a mechanism in place for this sort of thing.

I thought this forum area was for asking questions of administration. I did not know this forum was for everyone who is an administration wanna be to pipe in and give their opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

YOU started this subject slamming a fellow cacher and making some pretty harsh accusations. Tons of people from all over the world went and tried to see what you were whining about. NOBODY else sees it. Not canadian cachers, not US cachers, not the admins here. You suggested someone needs to be removed from geocaching.com. Might I suggest starting with yourself?

+ _Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon. _

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

WHILE THE CACHE POSTING DATES FALL IN JANUARY, PLEASE REVIEW THE ***DATE HIDDEN*** TO DETERMINE THE TIME THINGS REALLY TOOK PLACE...

Mariner has hidden a cache two weeks ago and it is just now available to the public.Truth or Consequences so it looks like everyone can do this not just KFWB Team.

[This message was edited by Foghorn Leghorn on January 31, 2003 at 01:05 PM.]

"after the group of twelve began their hoax."

Mariner if you truly believe this. wanna come make some crop circles with me this weekend?

Foghorn when your done with the puke bucket....I will be needing it.

Dagg

1 of 12

ps MBC check your math......again

Put yer hands in the air & step away from the tupperware!

quote:

many supports of the removal of the offendding topics topics are scared to write here

I would suggest that you google for the phrase "the lurkers support me in email" before trotting this one out yet again.

quote:

I would still like to know from administration how we are to deal with persns we find to be offensive. Is there a mechanism in place for this sort of thing.

Yes. It's called "ignore them, just like you'd ignore the annoying guy at a cocktail party." HTH, HAND.

quote:

I thought this forum area was for asking questions of administration. I did not know this forum was for everyone who is an administration wanna be to pipe in and give their opinion.

And now you know better. This is how we all learn, boys and girls. If you really want to ask a question of just the administrators, try email. If you want to make us all shut up, then close your web browser and go find a geocache.

But... um... you got your answer. From an administrator. Jeremy didn't see the problem, and you never bothered to answer his direct question relating to your perception of the problem, so there must not be a problem.

warm.gif

To Foghorn:

Go blow it somewhere else! Stop slamming individuals - Mariner is a good guy and he's taken enough unwarranted abuse over this whole situation.

You however are continuing to provoke. And now I see you are logging finds today that you claim to have made in November - what's up with that? If you understand this game so well then why didn't you log them when you found them.

I don't want to become part of this whole debate and don't intend to. BUT I must say this: Why can't you all just drop the issue and let it go?

From an observer's viewpoint, I see an issue that started out as a friendly debate turn into something nasty that people got all up in arms about. At the same time I never once noticed anything posted that I felt should be censored by the geocaching admin. Then I saw it go away. It seemed everyone was over it and you all were becoming happy again. Now it seems like the whole topic is getting hashed out agian.

I say you all should just drop it. The whole thing is over, let it sleep. Is there evidence that the Team decided to quit placing caches and then changed their minds? Yes. Is there an argument to be made that it was a hoax based on some posts? Yes. Do people believe the team got 2000 emails? Some do and some don't. Etc... Regardless, the thing is over. I suggest that all of you with integrity (which I tend to believe is most, if not all, of you) to just drop it instead of rehashing it. It is one thing to thouroughly debate a topic and another to beat a dead horse!

There's an observer's two cents. But, I think I'll also quit observing now, I don't want to be tangled up in this!

Good luck to you all. Please quit arguing and go caching!

pokeanim3.gif

quote:

To Foghorn:

Go blow it somewhere else! Stop slamming individuals - Mariner is a good guy and he's taken enough unwarranted abuse over this whole situation.

George it is three weeks since I slammed Mariner. As you know you cannot delete ond messages once the topic has run its course. It is Mariner BC who is now slamming people. Read his note about how nasty Canadians are.

I am logging my geocaching finds today because I have the day off and the wife and kids are out. I did not know there was a time limit for logging finds. Do you think I Should delete them? I will not log the others until I hear back from you.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think we have all had enough. I'm going to be the first one to LET THIS GO. Also, CG, I have sent you an email, to kind of clear the air, and to give you an idea where I've been coming from. icon_smile.gif I didn't mean to imply that YOU had been critical, but those that crtiticized, did so harshly, and personally, which I felt was unwarranted. Thank you for coming to our defence. It shows you are far above the crowd. icon_biggrin.gif

Just one or two things before I go. For the record, and you all can believe this or not; I sent KFWB one email, while this was going on, not before. MBC sent KFWB one email, AFTER this happened, asking them to stay. That's it. I just wish that they themselves would have made a statement somewhere, anywhere, saying they were leaving, and why. If they really were planning on leaving, I apologize for being skeptical, as I've always been told to "Get the information from the source". If they weren't really planning on leaving, and someone was trying to make us feel bad by saying they were, I feel sorry for you.

Thank you again to those of you who supported us, and I hope that those of you who didn't will remember this; Think of others. Play nice. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's why I deleted my earlier post, Foghorn. I replied in haste, and have since apologized to the person, in case they may have read it. I have a conscience.

Sorry this has been so long. I will no longer be replying or posting any topics on these forums. If anyone wishes to clarify anything, or respond, or just say hi, you are always more than welcome to email me. Thanks again. Happy caching!

Peace. icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by cacherunner on January 31, 2003 at 03:08 PM.]

quote:

Hi Foghorn - if you visited the caches then by all means log them.

Why would I log the visit if I had not visited the geocache? If I visit the cache and find it I log it as a find. If I go and cannot find it I log a did not find. I can not always log the visit right away after going so I save the printed cache pages and do them as i can. This has not been a problem in the past.

Thankyou

I made the mistake of reading this thread. Now I have that notious feeling in my stomach again.(or is it the cat I just ate) I'm surprised this thread has gone on for so long.

The moderators must be pre-occupied attending to more important things like. HAVING A LIFE! otherwise they would of stopped this by now.

This is going no where and solving nothing, it is embarrassing to local cachers and is just plain FREAKING ME OUT!

Please let this thread sink back into the quagmire where it belongs and where it should have stayed.

quote:
Originally posted by eroyd:

Now I have that notious feeling in my stomach again.(or is it the cat I just ate)

I do not know if it is true but have heard that This is why the Cheesecake Cafe was closed.

quote:
Originally posted by cacherunner:

Foghorn. I replied in haste, and have since apologized

Thankyou

As you know I ended this topic three weeks ago. A accept your apology and I hope they will now leave this topic alone or that administration will lock it so no more posts can be entered. I look forward to meeting you on a geocaching hunt sometime.