Activating my first geocoin - quick newbie question

RainbowKat

If you want to keep it travelling, set it on non collectible!

Cause if you mark it collectible, that means, the finder can keep it for their collection. Even if it is activated in your name.

Any coins of mine are marked not collectible.

(Or nothing, as I have to open each and every page manually...)

There are some very rare coins, like the moun10bike, which are all activated, but you're allowed to keep them in your collection, if you find them in a cache.

I always found it very misleading to put this option on the page, as most people don't want their travellers in some others collection, they want them out and about.

It's a bit different from what ElliPrelli said.

When you send your coin out in the big world, you set it to non collectible.

If you are gonna keep your coin with you (in YOUR collection), you set it to collectible.

When it's set to colletible the options 'grab' and 'retreive' are unabled so others can only discover your coin.

That way it will not get mistakenly taken out of your hands/collection while logging it.

If you are gonna keep your coin with you (in YOUR collection), you set it to collectible.

When it's set to colletible the options 'grab' and 'retreive' are unabled so others can only discover your coin.

That way it will not get mistakenly taken out of your hands/collection while logging it.

You're confusing two things.

This item is collectible (on each coin page)

and

Move it to your collection

A traveller can be marked collectible, but that means, any finder may keep it.

An item in your collection is moved out of your inventory, so it's easier to keep track of those trackables you found in caches and move.

You're confusing two things.

This item is collectible (on each coin page)

and

Move it to your collection

A traveller can be marked collectible, but that means, any finder may keep it.

An item in your collection is moved out of your inventory, so it's easier to keep track of those trackables you found in caches and move.

Actually Ruud4d is correct and you have confused the settings with something they are not.

This option had been perplexing me too, so when someone asked the question in a thread of mine I went and did some research to find out.

The "Is Collectible" / "Make this Trackable Collectible" option on a geocoin is for owners who want to keep the geocoin in their personal geocoin collection rather than sending it out travelling. If you select "Is Collectible" / "Make this Trackable Collectible" then the geocoin will be removed from you inventory list, making it easier when logging caches as there won't be as longer list of trackables to choose from if dropping geocoins, etc.

According to this thread (This is collectible) it is something that has, and still is, causing a lot of confusion. Have a read of the entire thread as there is some very useful information towards the bottom.

Oh, and here is an official post from a Groundspeak Lackey on the topic --> Trackables Collections New feature on the website.

The short, quick answer is if you want your trackable to travel, then do not set it as "Is Collectible" / "Make this Trackable Collectible". Don't forget to use the search functions, the answers to most questions already exist. :)

Edited by keewee