Astronomical Clocks Geocoin

avroair

I have always been fascinated with the various astronomical clocks in Europe. Many medieval aged towns have them including quite a few in Germany. I thought it would be fun to do a couple for Geocoinfest in Europe, there will be three in the series all with the same back, but here's one of them as a samples, apologizes for the bad mint photos:

Coin stats

2" 3.5 mm thick and trackable with a unique icon

Coin front:

7726ad7e-f12b-4354-8d89-3dd95b547e3b.jpg

Coin back:

85e35c25-5d49-4142-bcc1-32efc68bb4c3.jpg

Marienkirche Astronomical Clock

99df35e7-eb0e-4a42-9622-2f484351fa22.jpg

6116105c-182a-4def-812a-51ff9fa185e2.jpg

Two more to follow...

I would also like to buy these coins, but will not be in Europe. Please make them available to those of us stuck in the US.

I am not sure what the plans for the coin are... that's not my department. They are debuting at GCF Europe and if they don't sell out then they will be made available on www.geoswag.com --- I might consider doing a couple different metals for a US release, hadn't given it much thought since they were designed for GCF...

I'm happy you will be coming to GCF11 EU. And I'm dying to see you. And those coins? Oh, well, hmm, ehhh, yes... Well, I might like some.

Or would I like to see you and am I dying to get my hands on these coins? ;)

This one looks great!

Edited by Ruud4d

Mapping projection on the Astronomical Clock Tower situated at Old Town Square in center of Prague

Check out this amazing art presentation if you like Astronomical Clocks.

It's a 3-D Mapping animated projection done for the 600 Years Anniversary of the Astrological Clock Tower situated at Old Town Square in center of Prague.

Watch the 2nd video for the actual presentation!! Also, Watch at FULL SCREEN for maximum effect ;)

D-man B)

edited to clarify correct video

Edited by gridlox

I'm happy I'm going to the geocoinfest and I hope I will be in time to buy all versions of this nice design. Also hope to meet you. To make it easy to find me I bought this one:

a08c47aa-b9cd-4455-88a3-03274b593003.jpg

My nametag; TB439TB :D

Totally off topic, I'm afraid, but these are my preparations...

251482646.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299307421&Signature=kdZxfmkcUmS06L3AW2WwsNxTLvs%3D

I have to agree with Crowesfeat30, though. It would have been cool with the dragon for the Ulm clock.

Anyway, I'll make sure to find that booth. And I also make sure to have enough cash in my pockets, or do they take credit card? :laughing:

251482646.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299307421&Signature=kdZxfmkcUmS06L3AW2WwsNxTLvs%3D

That looks much better than my tag, can you make one for me too :D (with my name and avatar of course)

Ontopic again; the second coin looks also nice, but I also agree with the comment for the dragon and the unique hands.

That looks much better than my tag, can you make one for me too :D (with my name and avatar of course)

Ontopic again; the second coin looks also nice, but I also agree with the comment for the dragon and the unique hands.

I can't see the pic.

I also agree with crowesfeat30 the hands didn't come out from the artwork so we are redoing that side. To add levels and detail.

The third coin will be the Prague clock and a 4th is possibly going to be a clock at Strasborg cathedral.

I can't see the pic.

That's strange, I could see it before, but not any more.

It is even more off topic now, but the other url was a twitpic. This is now a flickr address, maybe that's working better?

5500149237_5eac8bbc73.jpg

Or try the link: My link

@JackHoe: It was made by vistaprint, maybe you'd like to try them?

Edited by ElliPirelli

Mapping projection on the Astronomical Clock Tower situated at Old Town Square in center of Prague

Check out this amazing art presentation if you like Astronomical Clocks.

It's a 3-D Mapping animated projection done for the 600 Years Anniversary of the Astrological Clock Tower situated at Old Town Square in center of Prague.

Watch the 2nd video for the actual presentation!! Also, Watch at FULL SCREEN for maximum effect ;)

D-man B)

edited to clarify correct video

WOW! Way Cool! Thanks for sharing!